Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So hungry

ivadaeBl
ivadaeBl Posts: 23 Member
I have 98 calories left I'm supposed to eat, I have nothing that is under that. And I am so hungry. I don't think I can do this I'm thinking about giving up. If I did have something under 98 I would go over my carb or my fat limit :#

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited February 2017
    Never aim for perfection, just the best; you're able to! I hope, that this; helps!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/DeficitDuchess
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    The way I live my life is only caring about the calorie count (I don't track macros) and if I go over 40cals...who cares? My deficient is 500 so 40 over is still 460 deficient. On days I can get by eating less I do; so if I have a day I go over it balances out.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Pickles, cucumbers, celery, water water water
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    You don't have a cucumber? Pepper? Tomato? Jello?
  • Faye369
    Faye369 Posts: 33 Member
    chew a banana slowly and sip water ... . be aware of what you eat and the calories the give you but don't beat yourself up or stress yourself out about it ... that will work against you
  • cassiech1986
    cassiech1986 Posts: 38 Member
    I'm so hungry too!
  • MariannePhoto
    MariannePhoto Posts: 75 Member
    What do you have? Can you portion it? Or take a walk and eat a bit more. Drink some water or tea
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    These calorie goals are loose estimates.
    Eat 200 calories. It's just one day and if you're hungry, eat.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    These calorie goals are loose estimates.
    Eat 200 calories. It's just one day and if you're hungry, eat.

This. A little over on one day will not make you go backwards.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I have 2 thoughts.

Firstly, there is nothing wrong with feeling hungry. It's not going to kill you - I think we become used to feeling satisfied all the time. When you're eating at a deficit, there will be times when you are hungry. It's a sacrifice you need to make. The alternative is eating to satisfy the hunger but not achieving your weight loss goals. You choose.

Secondly.... Perhaps your food choices aren't helping you feel as satisfied/satiated as you could be. I like volume, so choose lots of low cal options (I can make a MASSIVE salad for the same calories as a small bowl of say, pasta or rice). Sufficient protein, fat and fibre helps keep me satisfied and feeling full. I also eat big meals less frequently (intermittent fasting style) which I find helps me cope with hunger better than small meals and snacks spread over the day.

It takes some experimenting to find what works best for you - keep it up, you can do it!
  • ivadaeBl
    ivadaeBl Posts: 23 Member
    I drink a lot of lemon water
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Bullion, celery with cream cheese, hard boiled egg, vegetable sticks, cauliflower mash, sugarfree jello.

It seems to me that you are not picking the right foods to keep you satiated. For some people low carbs works, for other people it does not. I suggest you keep an eye on your diary and write down when you are feeling hungry and when you are not, to help you find out what types of food your body feels most satisfied on.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    How many calories a day are you consuming? I agree with the above posters.. Just eat something simple.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I have 2 thoughts.

Firstly, there is nothing wrong with feeling hungry. It's not going to kill you - I think we become used to feeling satisfied all the time. When you're eating at a deficit, there will be times when you are hungry. It's a sacrifice you need to make. The alternative is eating to satisfy the hunger but not achieving your weight loss goals. You choose.

Secondly.... Perhaps your food choices aren't helping you feel as satisfied/satiated as you could be. I like volume, so choose lots of low cal options (I can make a MASSIVE salad for the same calories as a small bowl of say, pasta or rice). Sufficient protein, fat and fibre helps keep me satisfied and feeling full. I also eat big meals less frequently (intermittent fasting style) which I find helps me cope with hunger better than small meals and snacks spread over the day.

It takes some experimenting to find what works best for you - keep it up, you can do it!

Thirdly.....What is your weekly weight loss goal? An aggressive weekly goal will give you low daily calories. If hunger is too much of a constant, if playing around with macros & meal timing doesn't seem to help....you might re-think your weekly goal.
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 149 Member
    are you making a sudden drastic calorie change? like from 3k a day to 1200? I found making small changes will help you get over the pains and you won't give up as fast. my first change was giving up sugar. I know most mfp say calorie in/out. but sugar causes my sugar to spike and more hunger pains. my next phase was giving up white food, white bread, white rice. I replaced with brown, sprouted bread. when hungry at 3 p.m. I'd have my almond butter. a spoonful holds me until dinner. an hour after dinner I have a glass of ACV water.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Get some cardio in then eat!
  • 231211mb
    231211mb Posts: 1 Member
    Keep apples around, they fill you up.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    My go to is carrots, celery, and hummus. For 100-150 calories. I can have 5 ounces of carrots, as much celery as I want and 2 T of hummus. It's like an entire meal - plus, the fat and protein help keep me full.