Gotta lose a person

I need to lose weight. I need help knowing exactly what I can eat. I also need help concerning exercise. I don't know what I should do or what's best to do. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,242 MFP Moderator
    As long as you are recording accurately and honestly, you can eat whatever you want inside of your MFP calorie goal. I have found that eating things with higher fat and protein content helps stem hunger, and I've also found that fruits and veggies help me when I just want to 'volume eat'. I still eat cookies and chips and candy, though... I"m just smarter about how much and how often now than I was when I was over 200 lbs.

As to exercise: What are you capable of? For those just starting out, I always like to remind folks that exercise isn't necessary to lose weight. As long as you are creating a calorie deficit through your eating, exercise is just something you do for fitness. BUT, incorporating exercise will help you create a larger deficit (or give you more calories to eat... you choose). Walking is a fantastic, low-impact exercise to start off with. :)
  • mom2chickmagnet
    mom2chickmagnet Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you. Is there such a thing as getting fit without having the calorie deficit? Things that don't jump start the metabolism as much. Hope that makes sense.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    That would be recomposition, reducing fat while gaining muscle. There's quite a bit in the Maintaining Weight forum.
  • mom2chickmagnet
    mom2chickmagnet Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you I will check that out right away.