Adding a recipe

Options
emoe1973
emoe1973 Posts: 10 Member
edited February 2017 in Food and Nutrition
The ADD A RECIPE part is a bit defunct, as its pointless putting a load of ingredients if you have nowhere to actually explain what to do with them
Ive added a spinach chicken recipe, using raw chicken breast and spinach etc, but as far as it looks, its a tasty RAW CHICKEN meal....ummmm....yummy?
Perhaps it needs fixing so you CAN put some instructions!

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You can add the recipe and method to a thread in the recipes part of the forum.
  • Netdotnotes
    Netdotnotes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sorry RuNaRoUnD, not sure what you mean. I've also been trying to figure out how to add the instructions. Do you mean the instructions go into the recipe forum not with the ingredients? If that's right it seems pretty cumbersome.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Sorry RuNaRoUnD, not sure what you mean. I've also been trying to figure out how to add the instructions. Do you mean the instructions go into the recipe forum not with the ingredients? If that's right it seems pretty cumbersome.

MFP had a feature many years ago to add instructions (with the supposed intent to have recipes shared eventually) in the Old Recipe Calculator still available on the web version only. MFP never allowed users to share recipe ingredients or instructions with each other, and I doubt they ever will. Now users can not add instructions (I think, at least I never tried to add instructions), and I have been using MFP going on five years. I use the Old Recipe Calculator exclusively, because I detest using the new Recipe Tool.

Both the Old Recipe Calculator and the newer Recipe Tool/Builder only provide a list of ingredients and the final Calories and nutrition information per serving to the user who has created the recipe.

I guess MFP thought it was too much of a hassle to get recipe sharing working - that is only my opinion, but as a former software coder, I would bet trying to get that type of software coding to work properly would be a big hassle.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have never even thought about the instructions (or lack of instructions) aspect. I only use it to determine calories per serving.