Getting in shape in 117 days?

Options
I'm going away in 117 days, I want to lose a few pounds and tone up, what sort of exercises would be good for this? I have a treadmill, how much should I use it to see results? And any good food suggestions would be appreciated, I already track my macros :) I'm also a vegetarian so what are some good high protien foods I can eat?

Replies

• Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    To tone up, heavy weights is what Im hearing across MFP. Treadmill is more cardio, which is good for burning calories, heart muscle etc, but less good for looking 'toned'.
  • SophieeBrook
    SophieeBrook Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Em :smile:
    Im a vegan myself and have been trying to loose 10 kg.

I go to the gym 5 days a week and do some classes, i also do bicycle and weights. But the classes do the best for me because its cardio and strength training put together, just the treadmill wont do the trick .

I eat a lot of beans, lentils, chickpeas to get more protein, I also use a vegan protein that I use to make juices or pancakes!

Add me so we can help each other :smile:
  • pankajsirohi09
    pankajsirohi09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi iam trying to loose weight
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    What are you going to be doing when you go away? I would suggest that you focus on training for that.
  • SadDolt
    SadDolt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    pilates?
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Maintain a calorie deficit for losing weight and lift heavy weights to get toned.