38 and lost my motivation.

Options
Hi all. Well what can I say. This is the 3rd time I have really tried to start my weight loss journey. I have done so well in the past. I was 120kg and have gotten myself down to 94.5 kg but this seems to be where I'm staying. I'm getting frustrated and depressed so what do I do I eat and eat all the wrong things. I'm needing to get out of this rut but am finding it so hard this time. It's so hard to do it alone. I hate every day someone asks how is ur diet going. Well that *kitten* me cause it's going nowhere. Just really need someone to talk to someone that isn't going to make me feel worse about myself someone going through the same struggle as me.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing the math right, you have lost 56 lbs. When I hit 50 lbs I took an extended maintenance break. Have you considered doing that? Giving yourself several weeks or even a few months to eat at maintenance can help you feel better physically and make a huge difference psychologically.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I agree with jemhh- maybe it's time to take a break. Set your calories to maintenance for a while. Maybe with more calories you will feel more satisfied and you can focus on making healthier food choices instead of restricting calories and fighting cravings & bingeing.

Also do you lift weights? I find weight lifting workouts to be very therapeutic and you can work towards goals that have nothing to do with how much your body weighs, but instead how strong it is. Keep track of your weight and reps for each exercise (I just keep my workouts on my phone notes app). Each time you do that workout try and see if you can get in just 1 more rep than last time. Then as you become stronger you can periodically increase the weight too. There's also some good bodyweight exercise markers- like how many push ups can you do in a row? Try to do 1 more next week, maybe 5 more by the end of the month... can you do a pull up? A hand stand? I'm working towards being able to do those.

Once you've had a nice mental break and you're feeling like you have control of your eating and feeling great about your strong body, you can go back into a deficit to shed more body fat and reach your goal weight. In the mean time you will not have gained any weight but you will have healed your metabolism and gained strength, control, & confidence.