Tips for excruciating sciatic pain?

Options
2»

Replies

• JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    Spent most of the fall of 2011 with a right leg numb due to sciatica. PT had me sit criss cross on the floor and lean forward. Helped stretch the affected area and have not had any problems with it again.
  • Dar_Line86
    Dar_Line86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. I deal with chronic pain as well. I don't really have much advice, i just hope your pain eases soon.
    Personally, yoga and stretching work amazingly for me.
    Good luck to you.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your tips. Ironically I was doing deadlifts Saturday which I think may have aggravated the nerve a little. I imagine those muscles tightened. I'm anxiously awaiting my follow up appointment on Wednesday.

i just spend a full day on my hamstrings after last-wednesday deadlifts. i think i'm just dealing with a tiny drop in a bucket compared with you, but mention it in case it's helpful. piriformis and glute work only goes so far maybe . . . but it really does depend on what's causing it.

about your paper, this sounds to me like something that would qualify for a get-out just as much as if you had broken something or picked up pneumonia.
  • DailyGroomer
    DailyGroomer Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your tips. Ironically I was doing deadlifts Saturday which I think may have aggravated the nerve a little. I imagine those muscles tightened. I'm anxiously awaiting my follow up appointment on Wednesday.

i just spend a full day on my hamstrings after last-wednesday deadlifts. i think i'm just dealing with a tiny drop in a bucket compared with you, but mention it in case it's helpful. piriformis and glute work only goes so far maybe . . . but it really does depend on what's causing it.

about your paper, this sounds to me like something that would qualify for a get-out just as much as if you had broken something or picked up pneumonia.

I agree that I need to work to make those muscles stro ger as well as my core and back. Hopefully they will find the reason behind this on my MRI results. It would be nice to have some relief. I want to be feeling better so I can really work on fitness and strength training.

My professor gave me a 24 hrs extension..slightly helpful
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Sciatica is a symptom, not a specific injury or disease. Hold out until you the mri results so the doctor can treat you for the root cause

Best of luck.