50lb in 500 days, 1 year update

Options
I didn't start charting my weight (using fitbit.com and trendweight.com) until a couple of months after I started watching my intake, so the first bit of this graph is an approximation.

yvt24o00simr.png

Anyhoo, this is what my year looked like. Menstrual cycles, new jobs, vacations, frustrations, stretches of different types of workout or no work outs at all, logging, not logging, Christmas cookies, falling in love... it's all in there.

Now I've got 135 days to bear down and cut the last 10-ish lbs. I still plan on going all the way down to 186 - 50 = 136lbs, but I'll probably try to put 5 or so pounds of muscle back on. I just want to, like, touch the finish line for a sec. (I'm 5' 8")

No pic yet. I just can't bring myself to do it.

What have I learned?

-Losing weight is like growing your hair out. You have to make the decision to do it, and then be patient through all the long awkward phases before you get to have what you decided to have. It's mostly about time passing, really.

-I, personally, have a much easier time losing weight when I'm not working out very hard. I like working out. I love lifting weights. But now that I'm close to my goal, when I do it a lot, I gain weight. (Yes, I eat more.)

-It's totally worth it. I love the way I look and feel.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Yup. You can pass the time living like a slim person or you can pass the time living like an obese person.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    -Losing weight is like growing your hair out. You have to make the decision to do it, and then be patient through all the long awkward phases before you get to have what you decided to have. It's mostly about time passing, really.

This is the most brilliant thing I've read in the forums - ever - thank you. :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    yeah...the growing the bangs out.. analogy.. love it!
  • mdnorthside
    mdnorthside Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on that awesome loss! I totally agree about patience and passing time being most of it.
    And this website is absolutely fabulous. I wish I'd known about it earlier.
    P.S. My trend is horrible! I think I'll start only eating back part of my exercise calories.... :$
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!