There is no "after", only during

Options
Meganthedogmom
Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
edited February 2017 in Success Stories
I don't believe I will ever have an "after" photo, only ever progress photos because there is no end. This comparison is not only a physical transformation but a mental one in a huge way. I am literally trying to hide from the world in the first photo. Ashamed, afraid, no self-esteem. The second photo... I am 100x more confident. I love myself. I'm excited for what my body can do, how far I've come and how much further I will push myself in the years to come. One regret I do have is hiding so much that I wouldn't even allow my photo to be taken so I have very few "before" photos. Take pictures, people!!! :)
(Pics below)

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I see ink.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Options
    I see ink.

Nice observation! ;)
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Great progress and attitude of "during" rather than "after". It places emphasis on the long game and continued effort IMO.
  • selyob46
    selyob46 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So true!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    Great progress and attitude of "during" rather than "after". It places emphasis on the long game and continued effort IMO.

Exactly! :)
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude! You look awesome, keep kicking *kitten*!
  • shawnmontina
    shawnmontina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow
  • LBgetsfit
    LBgetsfit Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Yay! You are gorgeous and wonderful! Love your attitude. Awesome transformation.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Options
    AllyS7 wrote: »
    I love your attitude! You look awesome, keep kicking *kitten*!

Thanks babe! I plan on it! :)
    Yay! You are gorgeous and wonderful! Love your attitude. Awesome transformation.

Thank you sweetie!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I don't even understand "after" photos, in relation to myself at least. There is no after...this is a lifelong process for me.

You look great.
  • jnananamaste
    jnananamaste Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bravo!

Powerful transformation inside & out!
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! Great job!
  • kimv1188
    kimv1188 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and sooo confident! You are definitely an inspiration for someone like me who always feels like hiding. Thank you!
  • DezYaoified
    DezYaoified Posts: 143 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    lqho1as1fjk5.jpeg

Wow you look amazing! I can tell how much hard work its taken!
  • Meganthedogmom
    edited February 2017
    Options
    kimv1188 wrote: »
    You look awesome and sooo confident! You are definitely an inspiration for someone like me who always feels like hiding. Thank you!

Aww that made my day! Honestly I was hiding for most of my life. I was obese even as a child. Enough is enough! Strength-training is one of the things that has given me a ton of confidence.
    lqho1as1fjk5.jpeg

Wow you look amazing! I can tell how much hard work its taken!

I appreciate it!
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Ditto. I don't even understand "after" photos, in relation to myself at least. There is no after...this is a lifelong process for me.

You look great.

Yes, exactly. I'll keep setting goals and moving further all throughout my life.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    The difference in the message you send through your composure and facial expression in each picture is huge! Great job taking care of yourself! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!