I'm Fat

Options
I'm fat

It hit me like a ton of bricks last night. I found out in the worst way, giving a hug to my Husband.

Now you maybe asking yourself "Um B.W. Sussex didn't you know you were big? Yes I did but I didn't know I was that big. I just thought that I was kind of big but not fat.

Last night I went to go give my Husband a hug, and I found out I had to suck in my stomach/gut just to be able to wrap my arms around him and give him a kiss. After that I was out of breath. I had to sit down on the bed just to stop being dizzy.

I didn't realize how big I got. Now looking back I can see that I have been failing when it comes to my weight loss journey. I have been lying to myself over and over again. Thinking that I am doing well but of course I'm not.

I feel like a failure even though I know I can get right back up and start over. Maybe I needed that wake up call. Even so if I did, I wish it came to me in another form instead of me trying to be intimate with my Husband. *sigh* I'm going to try my damn best to get back on track and not lie to myself on how I am doing. It just sucks that I had to get to this point to see it.

Replies

• Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    This is the first step in the best direction.
    Add me if you need any help and good luck!
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That moment is tough.... but incredible at the same time as u will look back soon and say thank Goodness I made the change!!
    The even better news is........ this is fixable.

YOU'VE GOT THIS!!!
    ...and we've got you
  • lucyluvhandles
    lucyluvhandles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this. Just keep at it and don't give up. We all slip at times but we can't let that little slip completely take us down. Believe in yourself and you will get to your goal before you know it. Feel free to add me.
  • Middangeard
    Middangeard Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can completely understand the whole not realizing how big you got thing. All those pounds can really sneak up on you. Let's face it, an accepting partner that doesn't look at that stuff much doesn't help us see that it's happening. Just be sure to stay active here for all the support, join some of the groups of like-minded people, etc. We'll all be here to support.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It can happen. I got that realization when I had to bust out my "fat pants" wardrobe when my clothes were getting uncomfortably tight. And then, some of those barely fit! THEN I stepped on the scale. Wish I hadn't done that...at the time. Now, I've lost 20 lbs since the end of November. You've got plenty of support here and people that have been there. Add me if you want.