Will this start "starvation" mode?

Options
2»

Replies

• tantsihoppjohanna
    tantsihoppjohanna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also, the sad truth is it will not start, it has already started starvation mode, because when your body is that hungry, it believes there will be no more food,causing hunger to subside. And that is probably why you feel what you eat is enough.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You're an adult and will make up your own mind, but a 2 year old requires about 1000 calories per day. Good luck!
    This^^

My 8 month old eats more than 500 cals per day...
  • SadFaerie
    SadFaerie Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    So does anyone have any advice on how to lower bf%? What type of food should I eat, what nutrients should I prefer? Thanks in advance.
    Forget about calories. Stop counting calories at all. You ARE playing mind games with yourself, no matter what you're saying. You're so obsessed with losing weight and counting calories that you cheat yourself that you're not hungry.

Look, the less you eat, the slower your metabolism gets. You have to understand that you body DOESN'T WANT TO LOSE FAT. Fat is energy storage, the less energy you provide with foods, the more desperately your body wants to preserve whatever remains. You see how counterproductive your actions are?

I know, you fear calories. You were conditioned to think that calories are the worst of all evils. So stop counting them. Really, forget them altogether. Count MACRONUTRIENTS. Eat at least 1g of protein per pound of body mass. Eat fats! Cut carbs. Your body can run on proteins and fats alone, in fact many people (including myself) find that their bodies run more efficiently on high fat / low carb diet.

Meat, fish, eggs, raw nuts (almonds are universal, for high fat diet macadamia is the way to go), if you tolerate dairy then soft cheese. That's calorie dense food, you don't have to eat a lot in volume to provide enough nutrients. Add plenty of non starchy vegetables -- avocado, lettuce, cucumbers, broccoli, cabbage, eggplant...-- it's a guilt free food, aim to add some to every meal.
  • AleenaRose83
    AleenaRose83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Minimum 1200 calories a day. If you work out THAT much, 1200 calories a day should be a minimum. Yes you will go into starvation mode eating only 500 a day (!!!), not only that, when you start to feel hungry and low on energy, nothing good is coming from it. AND you are at risk for gaining the weight back faster than you lost it...so I would definitely recommend eating more and throughout the day. I highly suggest weight watchers for people who are still learning about the types of foods that are good to eat. It incorporates not only calories, but also fat and fiber and carbs. I tried it in the past, and then I joined MFP and realized i'm pretty much eating the same things.

Good luck to you!
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My advice is to set MFP to lose 1 lb per week. Meet your calorie goal and don't undershoot it. Eat more protein than MFP tells you. Lift weights, and eat back at least half of your exercise calories.

That's the best way to lose fat. Losing fat is different than losing weight. You'll lose weight doing what you're doing, but you'll be unhealthy and you'll be sacrificing a lot of muscle, which is very hard to get back.

This.