tracking swim

Im pretty sure this has been asked so if anyone can link me to those posts thanks
or if you have any info your self please help.

I dont have a fancy fitbit or gadget to track me all day, all I have is a step counter I put on my belt loop and it tracks my steps........obviously this only works when I remeber to put it on though lol.

anyway, my main exersice is walking (at a steady pace and sometimes a fast pace)
I try and do kettlebell workouts/full body weight workout 3 times a week (although this is not always the case and I really need to stick with it)

I had started swimming but stopped just before christmas because I was ill and am yet to get back in the water (fingers crossed i get there on Friday)

so thats info of what workouts i do, my question is:

what tracker would I be best to get that tracka all of the above as accurately as possible?
I guess what Im actually asking is there a tracker that i can wear whilst swimming as well as for tracking day to day?

I know the husband is gonna ask what I want for my birthday soon so figured Id ask for a tracker but have no idea which is best for what I want

Replies

• rks581
    rks581 Posts: 99 Member
    I have a Garmin Vivoactive HR. It's waterproof and you can wear it while swimming (but not scuba diving). It also has an app for tracking swimming... it tells your pace and distance and also your stroke count. The HR monitor doesn't work underwater (but IIRC you can wear a waterproof HR belt if you really need that information).
  • sunnysunny88
    sunnysunny88 Posts: 64 Member
    I have an Apple Watch (S2) that is waterproof and track all my steps, runs and swims. (Laps, distance, calories) don't think it mornitors heart rate.. I could be wrong but it does give me calories. Apple watches are pricy but it syncs with my iPhone and I'm able to control my music, reminders, email etc as well so I love it.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I use a Garmin Fenix 3 with an HRM-Swim chest strap.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    thanks for the replies, I set my husband the challenge to find me one last night and I think he is getting me a flex 2 (?) happy valentines day to me lol

I have no idea about any of them and just got confused by the whole thing lol
  • sylvi45
    sylvi45 Posts: 1 Member
    I have Fitbit Flex HR. It doesn't track swimming, not waterproof but if you put how long you swim in My Fitness Pal it will sync with Fitbit and add calories burned. Had mine since Christmas and it's great for walking too. Easy to set up and use too. Enjoy
  • derek9964
    derek9964 Posts: 160 Member
    hi mbaby86 im a swimming teacher and use the flex 2 it does a great job of tracking your swimming, steps and other things. feel free to add me as a friend and i will do all i can to help you
  • SarahLascelles1
    SarahLascelles1 Posts: 95 Member
    Speedo misfit shine was the only one I could find that tracks swimming.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    you can also just get a simple lap counter that slips on your finger - you click it each lap and then multiple that by length of pool - fairly low-tech but works for me (prior to upgrading to my GPS watch)