Always start off well

Options
My first week I lost 2.2kg.
Now 15 days in I haven't lost anything since.
I've been exercising every day, biking.
It gets depressing not seeing the scales go down and then I feel like it's a waste of time and quit. I don't want to quit this time but I want to lose about 15kg.
Any help appreciated please.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The time will pass anyway... if you give up you definitely won't get results.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    15 kilos is not a lot. It will come off slowly. 2.2 kilos in three weeks is faster than would be expected.

To continue to lose:
    Set your calorie goal to lose 0.5 pounds per week.
    Log what you eat correctly and aim to hit that calorie goal every day.
    Eat food you like within those calorie bounds.
    Eat and exercise in a way you can do and want to do forever.
  • twin2mum3
    twin2mum3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    15kg is still out of my BMI but it's my first goal that I would be happy with.
    Ideally I should lose 25-30kg. But having had 4 kids that goal may be unrealistic for me.

Yep I have it set at 500gm loss a week.

Slow and steady wins the race I guess.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    People almost always see a good loss the first week, and a lot of people see nothing for a few weeks after that, or even a small gain. As time goes on, if your logging is accurate, you may see that your loss is more consistent. Weight loss isn't linear. You will have weeks you lose, weeks you gain, and weeks you maintain. As long as over the long term your weight is trending down, you are going in the right direction. Log everything you eat as accurately as possible - if you aren't weighing your solid foods, that's a good place to start.