2»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,064 Member
    Options
    Single serve rice
    Single serve steamed veggies
    Tin of chicken

All acquired in my local grocery store and easily assembled.

Sometimes I change it out and get a single serve soup ... my favourite being LaZuppa's Spiced Red Lentil.

Sometimes I'll use a Mug Shot instead of the rice.

Occasionally I'll go with tuna and crackers.
  • Dar_Line86
    Dar_Line86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Tuna and triscuits is my go to cheap and easy lunch. Tuna is full of protein with not a lot of calories.
    Though, some folks aren't a fan...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Leftovers. Just make a little extra at dinner and put it in a container for tomorrow's lunch. It doesn't get much easier than that.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    hot dog + soda at costco. done
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches. Salads. Leftovers
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I only go out of the home for work once or twice a week. I take coffee and a protein bar or Lara bar.
  • cuadrado12
    cuadrado12 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like to make something in the slow cooker (like chili, a chicken dish, etc.) and save it for lunch on Monday and Tuesday for work. You can even freeze part of it and pull it out later for lunches.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Leftovers. Frozen leftovers.

I'll usually prep some raw veggies, usually peppers and cucumbers, in individual bags.

About once a week I'll make a big dinner in the crock pot, like shredded pork. They can be doctored up a lot of different ways. I portion is out and put in the freezer in a ziploc container. Then add mix ins in the morning.

Shredded pork variations
    -add hoisin sauce, leftover rice, broccoli
    -add canned black beans, salsa, shredded cheese
    -add bbq sauce, baked beans, shredded cabbage

Soups/chilis freeze well, so when I make those I'll portion out a few. So at any given time I have a stack of these little containers that I can grab. That way I'm not eating through huge batches of things and getting tired of them.

Today I had Portuguese kale and sausage soup, with a half of a ham/cheese sandwich and some red peppers.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I either plan to eat lefties for the week, or on Sunday batch cook chicken or turkey and eat it with black beans and steamfresh veggies. And second to having a few lean cuisines in the freezer for days that nothing is going to plan.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm on a chicken salad kick lately.
    Canned chicken, lite mayo, mustard, relish - easy, delicious and lots of protein! I like to eat it on those flat pretzel crisps
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine dumped over a big batch of zoodles. $3 and about 350 cals. Plus a 75cent Greek yogurt.