Pork Loin Recipes

Options
emilycarr71404
emilycarr71404 Posts: 176 Member
I have a huge 3lb pork center cut tenderloin. I have no idea what to do with it. I don't have a lot of experience cooking them or how to season them. Any ideas?

Replies

• peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I threw mine into the crock pot this AM. Just dumped in a package of Campbell's Skillet Sauce (Toasted Sesame with Garlic and Ginger). Haven't used this before, but it sounds good to me.
  • guidothecat
    guidothecat Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Smother the loin with a mixture of half blackberry jam (or jelly) and stone ground mustard and add in a squeeze or two of honey, put it on a rack in a dutch oven, pour in about a cup of wine, broth, beer (whatever you have on hand),cover, bake at 350 for however long it takes (I normally do 1 lbs loins for about 1.5 hours I think?) take the cover off during the last 30 minutes. Take it out of the oven and transfer to a platter and cover with foil for about 20 minutes and then slice. I make a sauce with the stuff in the dutch oven to go overtop roasted potatoes while it is resting.

It sounds weird, but the blackberry and mustard work excellent with pork loin.