Losing motivation after a night out

Options
I don't have a lot of "willpower" (or whatever you want to call it if you hate that word) when I am eating out or at parties. I don't have much willpower when I'm at home, but at least I can control what fills my cabinet and refrigerator. A few of my friends have recently become health conscious and they work out a few times a week. However, I still have a hard time hanging out with them and making healthy decisions because it seems like NO ONE makes any, myself included.

Some of my friends are on MFP so if you see this: SORRY, IT'S TRUE AND YOU KNOW IT! :tongue:

But yeah, I've been losing motivation after a night out or after a party. People always say "portion control" but that's a hard mentality to adopt when you're drunk at a party. But I don't want to alienate myself from my friends either.

How do you cope with the pressures of eating while you're away from home? Are you strong enough to resist temptation, or do you have any tricks or advice? Like I said, I don't want to restrict myself from hanging out with friends, but I'm really not loving the part where we eat all the time.

Replies

• cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I think its alright to have one "free" type of night like when you are going out at a party or a night out on the town. I mean, you shouldn't be getting drunk every night and losing control so I assume this is only a 1-2 night a week type of deal. One night wont ruin your diet.. and maybe if you know you are going out try to eat really light during the day so that if you do make poor food choices later in the night it won't be as bad?
  • missbis
    missbis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're right. But I find that it's easier for me to control the situation once I've been on the wagon for a little while. I fell off the wagon recently, so I've only been eating well/exercising regularly again for the past month. Maybe I should talk to my friends about it. It's just embarrassing, and I don't want to get into a situation where they start policing me or something.