Am I eating enough with 21 day fix?

Options
Hi all, I'm using the 21 day fix food plan as a guide, but I always end up at around 1300 calories. My weight has stalled so I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough? I'm female, 5'5", 157, and burn about 500 calories 5x week.

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    How long have you been 'stalled'? If under 3-4 weeks, its likely water weight fluctuation. Eating more will not speed up weight loss, though it may improve your workouts/training process.
    napilibay wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm using the 21 day fix food plan as a guide, but I always end up at around 1300 calories. My weight has stalled so I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough? I'm female, 5'5", 157, and burn about 500 calories 5x week.

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    what does MFP give you for your daily calorie goal?

from what I'm seeing from other folks who have used 21 day fix - the amount of calories is highly variable - depending on how stuffed you make the little container
  • napilibay
    napilibay Posts: 121 Member
    Options

from what I'm seeing from other folks who have used 21 day fix - the amount of calories is highly variable - depending on how stuffed you make the little container

I get up to 1500
  • napilibay
    Options
    How long have you been 'stalled'? If under 3-4 weeks, its likely water weight fluctuation. Eating more will not speed up weight loss, though it may improve your workouts/training process.

I'm plateauing now for 4 weeks, same pound keeps fluctuating.
  • tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I know that program would never work for me because I would stuff those boxes so full of food I'd way overeat. I'm going to guess that you are eating more than you think. What is your deficit and how are you measuring activity?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have a friend on my instagram doing 21 day fix and she posts pics of her meals and it seriously makes me want to send her antidepressants... her meals look sad and tiny to me.

q2hjudgo61kw.png

I would seriously die.. I would eat this itty bitty meals and get my cardio in by digging my own grave LOL

That's a snack!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but maybe you are eating more than you think if you aren't losing. I know they have the little containers, but I would also weigh your food to make sure you aren't exceeding your maintenance calories. If you haven't lost in 3-4 weeks you are probably in maintenance and 1300 calories for your stats is not maintenance.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

This^

Some people naturally gravitate lower calorie items, and actually don't eat enough. While others pick a larger % of calorie dense foods and eat more than enough.

Log the food you eat here so you know how much you are eating.
  • napilibay
    Options
    I have a friend on my instagram doing 21 day fix and she posts pics of her meals and it seriously makes me want to send her antidepressants... her meals look sad and tiny to me.

q2hjudgo61kw.png

br99bkj7d7om.png

I would seriously die.. I would eat these itty bitty meals and get my cardio in by digging my own grave LOL

Lol, mine are better than that as I eat no processed food to keep me full, so no crackers or laughing cow. Lunch for me is like lean pork chop, quinoa and salad... Breakfast is eggs and oats, etc
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

q2hjudgo61kw.png

I would seriously die.. I would eat this itty bitty meals and get my cardio in by digging my own grave LOL

That's a snack!

Thats what i thought, but her instagram says "Todays lunch!"

Is that an avocado in the upper corner? One half of an avocado is calorie dense. Turn it into tuna fish salad on bread, lunch!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

q2hjudgo61kw.png

br99bkj7d7om.png

I would seriously die.. I would eat these itty bitty meals and get my cardio in by digging my own grave LOL

Lol, mine are better than that as I eat no processed food to keep me full, so no crackers or laughing cow. Lunch for me is like lean pork chop, quinoa and salad... Breakfast is eggs and oats, etc

Nothing wrong with crackers & Laughing Cow. "No processed" is your choice now, but will it be a lifestyle choice too? This is why I don't eliminate foods while dieting. I need to manage all foods, not just diet ones.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

q2hjudgo61kw.png

That's a snack!

Thats what i thought, but her instagram says "Todays lunch!"

Is that an avocado in the upper corner? One half of an avocado is calorie dense. Turn it into tuna fish salad on bread, lunch!

Yep, it is half an avocado..

but all of her meals seem... small...

d9yfkbe2udhc.png
    jbdqhptwht8c.png
    031mgard1789.png

Unrelated, but... how do people eat only 2 slices of tomatoes and a few slices of cucumber? What's the reasoning behind not eating the whole tomato/cucumber? Do they stash the cut part back in the fridge?

On topic: is this done to save space in the containers?