STOP THE Cravings !!!!

hs112975
hs112975 Posts: 51 Member
What do you do ,to curve the cravings? For me,
I love chocolate !!!!! then after I have something sweet I like something salty, ugh!!!

Replies

• TerraRoberts24
    TerraRoberts24 Posts: 34 Member
    Oh I SO feel your pain! I love having something sweet at night, and same thing. As soon as I've had something sweet, then I want to eat more and usually something salty.

Usually tricks I try are drinking a lot of water and brushing my teeth, because then I don't want to eat right after I brush my teeth. I've also started trying to plan my day around when I know my cravings are at their worst. So I usually plan a sweet treat for night time for myself when I know I am most snacky (chocolate banana smoothie, a yogurt, etc...), then I brush my teeth right after I have it.

But its a day to day thing. I struggle with this big time.
  • priestp1
    priestp1 Posts: 34 Member
    If you can incorporate it in your meal plan - check out RX Bar Chocolate / Sea Salt -

Link:
    https://smile.amazon.com/RXBAR-Whole-Protein-Chocolate-Ounce/dp/B0143NQVQ6/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1487037518&sr=8-1&keywords=rx+bar+chocolate+sea+salt&th=1

All the ingredients are on the front of the bar (sweetness comes from dates - they are amazing :smiley: )
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    edited February 2017
    I eat a little of what I crave. The more you restrict something the more you want it. Instead of sitting eating masses of sweets/chocolate I have a small pack of thin Dairy Milk bars in the fridge and factor them in, where once I would have ordered a large pizza and eaten it over 2 days, I now order a personal size one and factor it in to my calorie goal.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2017
    I aim for variety and good nutrition, and then a little goes a long way. I don't keep around large amounts of low-nutrient, high calorie, hyperpalatable, virtually predigested foods. Instead I will eat anything I want on occasion, and out of the house.
  • jufrasin
    jufrasin Posts: 40 Member
    I buy the funsize packets of sweets. Those little 18g bags of skittles really soothe my craving for sweet stuff and are factored into my daily calorie intake!
  • highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    It is difficult .... trying to understand your weak points and manage them ... i had a sweet the other day and immediately felt like i used to in that i wanted to have about 5 more.... i'm slowly getting to grips with what treats i can eat in moderation vs which trigger stronger impulses/cravings

Also, talking to yourself.... i find its helping.... if its been a crappy day and something happened to throw me i felt the old pull towards comfort eating.... i even went to a cupboard and started looking .... but i had an arguement with myself there and then asking what i was thinking and why i was going to do this 'yet again!' to try and self-sabotage.

Managing the mind is such a massive part of the process which i think a lot of people don't deal with ... coming to terms with eating as the person you want to be ... getting off the 'diet' mentality ... all plays a part!

Sit yourself down and have a good open and honest talk with yourself (do it alone so you don't look crazy :) )
  • hs112975
    Today I had 2 Hershey kisses than sprinkled some salt in my hand, than licked it off
  • Mendoza7121
    Mendoza7121 Posts: 14 Member
    Strawberries and lemon salt helps me somtimes and low in carbs fits the macros i know a few tricks lol with the dieting
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    hs112975 wrote: »
    Today I had 2 Hershey kisses than sprinkled some salt in my hand, than licked it off

Genius! You found a way :)
  • Leahth
    Leahth Posts: 1 Member
    Chocolate cravings could possibly mean a magnesium deficiency. Try pumping your magnesium intake and see if your chocolate cravings go away.
  • I can't seem to get my salty cravings under control. Today was one of those naughty days where I really gave in and had 5 pickles! Oh man NO BUENO! What can I do to not crave these salty tasty treats?! Help me please someone?
  • Lostyourchariot
    Lostyourchariot Posts: 5 Member
    I don't know, but if you find a way, you'll make a fortune!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I can't seem to get my salty cravings under control. Today was one of those naughty days where I really gave in and had 5 pickles! Oh man NO BUENO! What can I do to not crave these salty tasty treats?! Help me please someone?

Cravings for things you like will never go away, but maybe you'll stress less over them if you
    1) don't try to control your cravings,
    2) don't think about food and eating as "naughty", and eating what you like as giving in,
    3) keep in mind that pickles are around 10 calories each.

If you find yourself struggling a lot with thoughts like you described, you may want to seek professional help.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    edited February 2017
    As long as you count it in your calories you are good to go!

I also like chocolate and then a salty treat my go to is:

A chocolate protein bar and popcorn popped in olive oil with salt and seasonings on it. I take a bite of the protein bar, then I eat a few pieces of the popcorn, take another bite of the protein bar and then a few more popcorns. The protein for the bar fills me up as does the fiber from the popcorn :) olive oil is good fats and taste just as good as butter in my opinion!

Edit: my favorite bar is the gomacro protein pleasure its healthy and tastes like a chocolate candy bar :)
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    What works for one person may not work for another. In the past I've found that just not having anything sweet for a while has meant that I've lost complete interest in sweets and have naturally craved fresh fruit instead of something like snickers. Yes, you can buy snack size portions of your faves BUT for me this has been dangerous because I've gone 'i'll just have one...' then I've had another and another and another etc which has lead to binge eating.

What I'm doing right now, is if its something I've really wanted I've just had it and incorporated it into my calories for that day. If I've gone over I eat a bit less the next day which has worked well.

Try and focus on the healthy food you can have and not on what you can't.

Focus on your health: how will this food make you feel? What will this do to your body? Everything you put into your body it has to process. You don't want to go and have blood tests and get told "I'm sorry you have diabetes/heart disease/high blood pressure/cancer" etc.

have you seen someone you love suffer with poor health? You don't want the same fate for yourself...
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    I aim for variety and good nutrition, and then a little goes a long way. I don't keep around large amounts of low-nutrient, high calorie, hyperpalatable, virtually predigested foods. Instead I will eat anything I want on occasion, and out of the house.

Same here. I usually stop at the bodega or candy shop for a candy bar or a few pieces of sponge candy after a medium-long run, but never buy them in quantity or keep in the house.
  • hs112975
    mendozarm9 wrote: »
    Strawberries and lemon salt helps me somtimes and low in carbs fits the macros i know a few tricks lol with the dieting

Today I had 2 cups of raw strawberries and washed it down with 4 cups of black coffee.....ummmm I should not do that agin, lol