2»

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • vivomagee
    vivomagee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    and eating anything my heart desires 1 day per week.

It's ok to eat what you want one day a week, as long as you log it and stay under your calorie goal. You're probably undoing the entire week's worth of good work in one day. Try logging that "one day" and see how many calories you eat. You are likely going to find that instead of sitting at a 1-2lb/wk deficit that because of that one day you're at a <1lb per week (probably a lot less) deficit.

This is why cheat days do not work. I'm not saying you can't have one, but make yourself accountable for it. Log it, and make up for it the rest of the week.

I beg to differ, Spliner1969. For over a year I ate 1500 calories a day for 6 days and on the 7th day--my "carrot day"--I ate whatever I wanted to eat for dinner, and did not count calories. This helped keep me on track--knowing that I wasn't totally depriving myself of things I love to eat because I could eat them for my carrot day dinner made it easier to "deprive" myself through the week. And I consistently lost 1-2 lbs/a week doing that. So I shouldn't have said "cheat day" but rather, a "cheat dinner."
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!