Ground beef recipes ... something different

Options

Replies

• kwil74
    kwil74 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Porcupines : 1lb ground beef 1 box of beef rice a roni ..mix hamburger 1 egg and the rice shape into meatballs brown meatballs use the seasoning package and water to finish cooking meatballs it makes a nice little gravy...I have made this using my own ingredients of hamburger rice garlic and onion powder and beef bouillon and seasonings..But the 2 ingredient meal mentioned above is easy quick and delicious perhaps a salt bomb and may need to watch portion..Goes well with green beans and skinny mash potatoes
  • priestp1
    priestp1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sugar-free BBQ Beef over veges (a take on sloppy joes) :)
  • JennyHsavage
    JennyHsavage Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yessss an old fave of mine Minced Beef Kebab

Fry off your beef and add
    Salt
    Pepper
    Cayenne pepper
    Paprika
    Oregano
    Parsley
    And sprinkle some dry beef stick

Cook until the moisture drys out and have it with ice berg lettuce, onion tomato and mint yogurt on a wholemeal pitta

Use a teaspoon of all spices except ceyenne just use a quarter if even

Lovely with chicken too
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Sloppy Joes! Oh how I miss these messy little Happiness filled buns. Dripping goodness all over my hands. Some ruffles bbq chips providing good company to the grand flavorgasm ball. A Dr. Pepper to splash your taste buds with refreshing delight.
    I don't even know why I don't have them anymore, but it just so happens I took out some ground beef to defrost last night. So maybe I'll have it today.

(Midnight spontaneous brain storming)

Look across the table. Little Johnny is happy, he's on his third napkin. Mom cracks a casual smile, and reaches for tobasco. Dad gives a playful concerned look at mom and says "Really Hun?, you know what that does to you, and it's Wednesday night." Dad waits for a response, but mom slowly takes another bite, and closes her eyes as she does so. She disregards an immediate response.
    Back across the table little Johnny is crunching loudly as he takes a bite from his meal. He had wedged ruffles into the last half of his Sloppy Joe.
    Mom grabs a napkin with one hand, and reaches for her Dr. Pepper. She finishes off her last bit with a chug. The aluminum can slams the table top. An appropriately lady like belch releases into a napkin pressed against her tomato stained lips and she finally responds..."and?, anyways I used the headache last week". (lights dim, Curtains close)

I apologize in advance for going a bit off topic. I'm kinda bored and haven't typed up a short short story in over a decade. just out of the blue. I know it belongs in "Chit-Chat".
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Got this in my inbox today and thought of this thread.
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Chef John is awesome! Such good recipes!

I made some beef and buckwheat patties this weekend. They taste like mini meatloaves but in patty form that you brown in a skillet. It was my first time using buckwheat and I thought they came out fantastic. It's just 1# ground beef, 1c cooked buckwheat, 1 egg, garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2c milk, and S&P. This recipe made 7-5oz patties at 180 cals per patty.
  • shandy82165
    Options
    Oh, I also made a spaghetti squash with a ground turkey and tomato sauce, but I think ground beef would sub nicely.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Chef John is awesome! Such good recipes!

He is! His recipes are really good, but the main reason I need to get a fix of his videos is because the way he speaks his recipes makes me genuinely happy. I always watch his videos with a smile.

Edited to fix broken quote
  • shandy82165
    Options
    I agree, his narration style is the best part of his videos :) I think it's a love it or hate it kind of thing because some people seem really annoyed by it in the comments...lol
  • motoveg
    motoveg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I used to take ground beef, diced up bacon and put it on top my kale with peppers and chipotle sauce. Called it a "man salad". It sounds weird but its good. And keto.
  • igsalem
    igsalem Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    All sound so good
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Crack slaw (Ground beef, coleslaw, ginger, sesame oil, garlic, sriracha, soy sauce), Salisbury steak, Korean beef, Picadillo, Stuffed pepper soup, Jack Daniels Burgers.
  • kwil74
    kwil74 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Im making cabbage rolls tonight prob use the allrecipe website or come up with my own im using brown instant rice in my lean ground..for a low carb low cal dish..Or a good old fashioned hamburger steak topped with pan seared onions and mushrooms..Pioneer dry brown gravy mix is only 20 calories a tbs prepared a couple of tbs wont set ya back to far..good luck with your meal plan hope I helped
  • bklmnop2
    bklmnop2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pioneer Woman's recipe for hamburger soup is really good. It has 12 servings for just over 200 calories each, according to the MFP calculator. Stuffed Pepper soup is another good one; not a PW though. Lots of veggies and protein in both. I usually will make a full batch, let cool, and then portion out into individual servings and freeze in ziplocs. Such is the life in a household of one
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I make a taco meat sauce, and use it for (obviously) tacos, but then if there is any left over, it tastes great over a bed of greens and some sour cream as dressing. Sort of taco without the taco shell. I take it for lunch a lot and dont even bother to reheat the meat mixture - there is just something really satisfying about the contrast of the lettuce greens and the spicy ground beef mixture with the cooling effect of the sour cream..............
  • shandy82165
    Options
    I made a delicious meal using ground beef, penne, acorn squash, roasted brussel sprouts, and onion, and seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg, topped with swiss cheese. So good! I browned the beef with onion, simmered the beef with the pasta and spices in chicken broth until the pasta was cooked, tossed in the brussels and cooked squash, topped with cheese and cooked in the oven for 5-10 minutes. I have a similar recipe using ground sausage and butternut squash.
  • pittdan77
    pittdan77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I brown it with taco seasoning, spread a bit over salad (weighing it, of course) and use salsa as a dressing. Super low cal. Just have to watch the sodium in the salsa.
  • 64heyjude
    64heyjude Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Taco salad
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    http://www.food.com/recipe/crack-slaw-low-carb-434863 this

I'm low carb, but my hubby is not and he loves this too.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Crack slaw (Ground beef, coleslaw, ginger, sesame oil, garlic, sriracha, soy sauce), Salisbury steak, Korean beef, Picadillo, Stuffed pepper soup, Jack Daniels Burgers.

Crack slaw sounds awesome!