Can someone look at my diary? 4 week Plateau :(

Options
2»

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    TARGET65K wrote: »
    Hi napilibay I took a quick look at your Diary and wonder how can you fill in Tuesdays details before 6 am local time.

I fill in a whole WEEK in advance. Pre-logging helps me keep on track. "No, I'm going to have what I planned, I already logged it. No, I'm not going through the drive-thru today, I will go home and eat that pre-logged meal."
  • napilibay
    napilibay Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    With really intense workouts you are most likely changing in physical size rather than seeing the scale drop. How about measuring, and taking pictures to see if things aren't really "changing"... You can still weigh every day of course.

Hi yes you're right I've lost a lot of inches but I need to get rid of weight too :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    emilk2016 wrote: »
    TARGET65K wrote: »
    OK thanks

More people than you think are here from many parts of the world...

Correct, it's 10am Tuesday morning here in Australia. It's still Monday in most parts of the world.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed.

If your period is due soon, you might just be retaining water.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    If you're fitting into smaller clothes/losing inches: then you are losing fat. Sounds like an increase in water weight is masking the results on the scale. Drink plenty of water to offset high sodium, and be patient. If the water weight is from TOM/hormones or muscle fatigue it will pass soon.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,545 Member
    Options
    Have you adjusted your heartrate meter for your specific maximum heartrate? If not your measurements are likely very off. I do work out a lot, but honestly, there's no way I could burn 500-700kcal in a one-hour workout, and you are not really heavy. Say your maximum heartrate is higher than what your watch uses as standard then your calorie measurements will be higher as your heartrate is higher than expected. Makes sense?

Also, if you're not doing steady state cardio (run at same speed for example) then your measurements are likely too high as well. Imagine you lift up a heavy weight 5 times. Your heartrate shoots up. You finish your exercise and rest for a moment but your heartrate is still high and needs a while to decrease. Thus while you burn no extra calories your heartrate meter still measures those.