Valentine's day

Options
What are you meal plans for Valentine's day? Are you going out or having a nice meal at home or is it just another day?

Replies

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    We're just going out for lunch to our favorite Italian place. We'll make the calories fit by having a lighter dinner.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Just another day. I only celebrate fun holidays like Halloween or Easter and Christmas.. or ren fest
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    My husband treat me to a Subway- note they are free today in the UK >:)

We don't do Valentines as it is our anniversary in a few days time.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Being forever single, it's another day

When I was single I had a close friend who would always take me out for Valentine's day. I liked being single on Valentine's day because I didn't have to get a gift, men are hard to shop for.

Happy Valentine's day to you
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    My hubs and I gave each other a gift. I've been receiving food like crazy from my thoughtful students, which I share with my own children and my colleagues.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    What are you meal plans for Valentine's day? Are you going out or having a nice meal at home or is it just another day?

I told my BF to stop and get him something to eat before he gets to my house. I don't eat dinner during the week (use my calories during the day at work and have a small snack at night) and I'm not making any exceptions.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    No plans... my mom's staying over anyway and my kids have activities so it's not gonna happen.

I got some chocolate and piggied it out though.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    It's really just another day to me.

That being said, this is first Valentine's Day in over 8 years that my Male SO, sister wife and I have off together, so we are actually going out to dinner. As for gifts and candy- no candy here, but we both woke up to roses in our bedrooms.
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    We did cards and my husband is taking our 2 year old and I out to dinner. Already deciding my choices so I am not veered off when I get there. lol!
  • jessicalferrara
    jessicalferrara Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are going to Ruth Chris for dinner. I will try to get a nice walk in before we go so I have some extra calories I can use tonight. Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Cooking a special dinner: spinach salad with hot bacon dressing, lemon and garlic scallops, mushroom risotto, and chocolate lava cakes.

I've got today pre-logged and it fits. I need to exercise to get some beer/wine calories. ;)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    We normally have dinner at home. I usually cook steak and lobster tail or something special that the husband likes. However, this year we are going out to a favorite brew pub that is doing a Valentine's Prix-fixe. We just discovered a chef that we really liked from a long time ago is now the cook/chef at the brew pub! (We had noticed the dessert offerings at the pub were really incredible lately but didn't know why.)

Happy Valentine's Day! Even if you don't have an SO, you can still spread love around to those you care about!
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is grilling steak and we are having potato skins and ceasar salad with it. I also got a box of chocolates which I might get a couple of if I don't let the kids see them
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    My husband and I usually cook something together on valentine's Day. Nothing fancy, just something we both like. It's just fun spending the time together preparing the meal and drinking wine, then sitting down to eat it.

However, tonight we will be dropping the dog off at the kennel and driving to South Carolina for the week, so dinner will likely be Chipotle on the road.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Coffee for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, and whatever he makes me for dinner. My boss did give me a cupcake too, so I ate that.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    It's Tuesday, so strength training at the gym with the honey then swing dancing (live band tonight for Valentine's Day, which means I'll have to exercise some self-control if I get near the snack table that is there on live band nights).