Post Partum weight loss

Options
I was 145 before my pregnancy. I'm finally down to 135 - 10 pounds less than my pre pregnancy weight. I really want to get back down to 125, which is what I weighed about 5 years ago. I'm finding the last 10 pounds have been so hard to get rid of despite all the working out and dieting that I'm doing.

Any advice on what I can do with the extra 10 pounds I want to get rid of?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It took me 7 months to lose the baby weight.. I took the last 10 lbs reeeeally slow. Small calorie deficit + weight training got me there.

Not sure if you are nursing, but be sure to fuel to keep up your milk supply. Some women tend to hold onto weight when they are nursing, so that is something to consider if you are.

Otherwise, be sure to track and weigh as accurately as possible. As you get closer to goal, the last few lbs become the hardest to lose since your wiggle room becomes smaller and smaller. Good logging and being sure not to overestimate your calorie burns from exercise can help.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    It took me several months to go from 130 to 120 after my first - I just made sure to stick with my calorie goal most days (I don't weigh/measure my food, so I set it at 1200 to make up for the couple hundred calories that I'm sure I was wrong about), and did a variety of exercises (jogging, circuit training, hot yoga, dance, etc). I know my body doesn't like to go below 130, so the last pounds are such a hassle, lol. Good luck!