light dessert suggetion needed!

Options
Giuliaborg
Giuliaborg Posts: 34 Member
I'd love to end the dinner with a dessert sometimes, but the majority of those at the supermarket are over 400 calories or veeeery small. Do you have a quick and light desert you like to prepare and eat?
I remember I use to make a fake tiramisu with yogurt and very light biscuits, and to keep it in the fridge for one night. The day after was more "solid" and very good!
Do you have any other idea?

Replies

• grammageegee
    grammageegee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello with real whipped cream.
    Sugar free pudding.
    Pizzelles
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Lemon bars
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Search Google or Pinterest for mug cup recipes. There are a ton of them and a lot of calorie friendly ones.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Search here for my low calorie cheesecake :)

Yup. I can verify that this stuff is amazing! <3

Yasso frozen yogurt bars are good. There are quite a few ice cream treats like fudge bars that are under 100cals. I love Halo Top ice cream, but some people don't care for it. You can also do sugar free instant pudding. I like it with greek yogurt for extra protein. Often, I'm good with a cup of herbal tea or low cal hot cocoa.
  • Giuliaborg
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I just found the cheesecake recipe from @crazyravr the photo looks super yummy and I'll definitely try it! I don't use any protein powder and I prefer not to use it, so I just skip that ingredient or better to add just a spoon of flour for having the right texture?
    Mug cup are also a great idea!
    I just checked the Halo Top ice cream but apparently they don't sell it in the UK, I'll have a look at the supermarket to see if they have something similar.
  • anniestartingover
    Options
    I love the fiber one products. There are many different flavors of huge cookie at 120 calories or less, and bars and brownies ranging from 90 to 150 calories. Also, Skinny Cow makes different ice cream treats under 200 calories, and they have a candy line, too. Also, take a look on HungryGirl.com. I make the donuts . . . under 200 calories apiece, and everyone loves them. You can take those donut recipes and make them into small muffins or a cake, instead.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a bowl of fresh berries with spoon of real whipped cream. Lots of fiber, not overly sweet, and I really like whipped cream. :)
  • jsmith723
    jsmith723 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    80 calorie 3 2 1 cake
    combine 1:1(1 box to 1 box; 1 cup to 1 cup) Angel food mix to any other kind of dry cake mix. Put 3 tablespoons cake mix and 2 tablespoons water in a large mug and microwave for 1 minute. Store left over mix in an air tight container. This is how i get a good chocolate fix!
  • hensue11
    hensue11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    canned fruit and custard
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly made up on a Sunday night into 4/5 portions ready for eating whenever I fancy one, though usually I take them into work for lunch.

Protein Muffins - finally got my recipe spot on - again I prep these on a Sunday for eating during the week - 150 cals each approx depending on flavours, favourite at the moment is black forest, used Myprotein Muffin Mix, 1/2 scoop of Raw Cocoa powder, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 50g dried cherries, 100ml low fat milk and a individual pot of low fat black cherry yoghurt. Takes about 15 mins @ 180c and makes 6-7 muffins.
  • cloverdaisy
    cloverdaisy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate covered strawberries, plain greek yogurt with fresh fruits & honey, banana ice cream, homemade Popsicle, etc.
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Giuliaborg wrote: »
    I'd love to end the dinner with a dessert sometimes, but the majority of those at the supermarket are over 400 calories or veeeery small. Do you have a quick and light desert you like to prepare and eat?
    I remember I use to make a fake tiramisu with yogurt and very light biscuits, and to keep it in the fridge for one night. The day after was more "solid" and very good!

Frozen Greek Yogurt...so yummy. I will get the individual cups of greek yogurt (they come in dessert flavors too) and put it in the freezer a couple hours before dessert. Helps with the ice cream cravings and is usually 80-170 calories depending on the kind you get. Warning-Keeping them in the freezer for the whole day will result in them being rock hard. I throw them in the freezer when I get home from work and they are perfect by the time I am ready to have dessert.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options

it's a keeper!

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options

It's a keeper!

@crazyravr also posted these too (40 calories/cookie)

Oats 'n Fruit - Cookies
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Do you have an ice cream maker? I've been making sorbets that come in at 95-150 calories. There's a very easy strawberry sorbet: stir 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar together until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, cool to room temperature and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Puree 1 lb strawberries (fresh or frozen) and 4 tsp lemon juice in blender or food processor. Add cooled sugar syrup and blend. Pour into ice cream maker and churn 25 minutes. 8 servings:

calories 117
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 0 g 0 %
    Saturated Fat 0 g 0 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
    Sodium 1 mg 0 %
    Potassium 87 mg 2 %
    Total Carbohydrate 30 g 10 %
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 5 %
    Sugars 28 g
    Protein 0 g 1 %
    Vitamin A 1 %
    Vitamin C 41 %
    Calcium 1 %
    Iron 2 %
  • Giuliaborg
    Options
    @estherdragonbat I have one in Italy and now my parents are enjoying it!! I miss it so much, I'll keep your recipe for when I visit them, thanks!!
    @Bekah7482 yes true frozen yogurt! I heard this many time and everyone who tried it, loves it, I'll try it in the next days! I have just bought a coffee yogurt, must be delicious frozen!
    I'll also try the greek yogurt with honey etc. Unfortunately all the brands you mentioned do not sell in the UK, but yesterday I found vanilla light ice cream carte d'or, and I usually like their products.
    @anniestartingover the name of the website hungrygirl made me laugh, it is exactly how I feel. And I like the website, thanks!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Bekah7482 wrote: »
    Giuliaborg wrote: »

Frozen Greek Yogurt...so yummy. I will get the individual cups of greek yogurt (they come in dessert flavors too) and put it in the freezer a couple hours before dessert. Helps with the ice cream cravings and is usually 80-170 calories depending on the kind you get. Warning-Keeping them in the freezer for the whole day will result in them being rock hard. I throw them in the freezer when I get home from work and they are perfect by the time I am ready to have dessert.

I mix natural yoghurt with protein, stevia, cinnamon and sometimes cacao and pb, add fruit then freeze... Topped with nuts, it's yum! It's a fine substitute for icecream to me!
  • BlackBird1775
    BlackBird1775 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am hooked on Halo Top ice cream! It's a 1/2 cup serving, low calories, low fat and has protein! Oatmeal cookie is my favorite :)
  • scubagram
    scubagram Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    jsmith723 wrote: »
    80 calorie 3 2 1 cake
    combine 1:1(1 box to 1 box; 1 cup to 1 cup) Angel food mix to any other kind of dry cake mix. Put 3 tablespoons cake mix and 2 tablespoons water in a large mug and microwave for 1 minute. Store left over mix in an air tight container. This is how i get a good chocolate fix!
    Can't wait to try this!!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Light pavlova - a meringue nest topped with Greek yoghurt, a little honey (or sugar but I may love honey with Greek yoghurt) and fruit.

Or light cranachan - Greek yoghurt layered with honey, raspberries, toasted oats and a splash of whisky (optional).