Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Yoga pants at the gym

Bwolfe30
Bwolfe30 Posts: 24 Member
I have a workout partner and she told me yesterday after months of working out with her that she doesn't wear panties under them. I am mind blown now. Is this common or what?

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Gonna have to wash those pants twice.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Bwolfe30 wrote: »
    I have a workout partner and she told me yesterday after months of working out with her that she doesn't wear panties under them. I am mind blown now. Is this common or what?

I don't think most women realize how see-through they are when they bend over.

I can confirm that most do wear panties with them. Before you say it's creepy...it was for science.

yes, science

always science
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    If your a mom with a weak bladder you definitely need to panty up when wearing yoga pants
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Id go commando too if my junk wouldn't flop around. You're going to learn today!!!!
    2pzEHyTke8M5G.gif
  • ckidd7
    ckidd7 Posts: 4 Member
    OK @MeganAM89 so can I ask why in the world would a woman need to not wear panties?? Please educate this dumb knuckle dragging male lol
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member

That women tell you they aren't wearing panties? Probably not. Do your guy friends ever mention it to you too?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    ckidd7 wrote: »
    OK @MeganAM89 so can I ask why in the world would a woman need to not wear panties?? Please educate this dumb knuckle dragging male lol

Camel Toe and Moose Knuckle for starts.

I love watching animals at the zoo.
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    edited February 2017

I don't think most women realize how see-through they are when they bend over.

I can confirm that most do wear panties with them. Before you say it's creepy...it was for science.

I can concur with these results as I've been rigorously testing this hypothesis in my own independent study as well, for science
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    op, shes looking for a ticket to poundtown. thats why she told you

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Cycling shorts - commando
    Always
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member

I don't think it is common to announce to your workout partner that you don't wear underwear. The person is either strange or trying to excite you.

As a woman, I have never had a discussion IRL with other women about what they wear with yoga pants so I really don't know what they all do. I wear underwear with all of my clothing even yoga pants.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    I'm commando 90% of the time regardless.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 358 Member
    edited February 2017

YUP. But only if I'm only lifting for the day. I have noticed that I'm not a fan of no underwear if I'm doing cardio. Doesn't feel the greatest.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I wear yoga pants around the house without underwear. I wear leggings to the gym though and always have underwear on with them. I kinda feel like if you can get away with no underwear at the gym you aren't working hard enough. Just the thought of all the chaffing is freaking me out

this. also, I feel most people don't know the difference between yoga pants and leggings. just saying.
  • sugar_addict78
    sugar_addict78 Posts: 6 Member
    No complaints here :D
  • nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    I never wear underwear when I wear yoga pants. Underwear lines freak me out , so I don't wear them
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Some of them have that mesh on the bottom so you don't have to wear them. Just sayin'.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    lol yeah most of us don't and if we do we wear thongs or V-strings
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    I think women don't wear underwear to avoid panty lines?

I do mostly cardio at the gym so I don't think I'm bending over much to give anyone a show. I also prefer thicker, tighter legging that I'm pretty sure is not see through... at least I hope. No one has ever said anything. Although, maybe people are too polite.

Also what is the difference between yoga pants and leggings? I thought they were interchangeable.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    edited February 2017
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I think women don't wear underwear to avoid panty lines?

I do mostly cardio at the gym so I don't think I'm bending over much to give anyone a show. I also prefer thicker, tighter legging that I'm pretty sure is not see through... at least I hope. No one has ever said anything. Although, maybe people are too polite.

Also what is the difference between yoga pants and leggings? I thought they were interchangeable.

Actually, Yoga pants are the girlier version of sweat pants. They're made out of cotton or cotton blend, have a wider waistband that can be folded in two and they're super tight but flare out at the bottoms..
    Workout tights are tight down to the calves and usually made out of spandex or material like that.
    Leggings are cotton blend worn underneath a dress instead of pantyhose or for dancing.. usually more see through..
    Then we have my favourite... yoga shorts.. short, shorts out of spandex and they don't get as sticky as yoga shorts when you sweat and they're not as warm as leggings or regular workout tights :D