Watching my weight as a parent...

Options
mantramoon
mantramoon Posts: 31 Member
Does anyone else here have the habit of finishing the food their kids don't eat? I do that - gotta get out of that habit! Also, I think it's harder to keep junk food out of the house when you have a family - anyone else struggling with this?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    If and when there is anything left on my boys' plates, it's usually half chewed and otherwise just looks kind of gross and slimy...so no issue there...and frankly in most cases my boys (4&6) pretty much clean their plates and are usually asking for more...they're going to eat me out of house and home when they get older.

I guess it depends on what you mean by junk food...most of my kids snacks are Goldfish crackers, string cheese, yogurt tubes, and fruit snacks...sometimes we have candy around, but I'm not a big candy guy unless it's Reese's Pieces but we can't have those in the house due to one of my boys being severely allergic to peanuts so that generally keeps me safe.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    my kid mostly eats breast milk
    so no, i dont do that
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    mantramoon wrote: »
    Does anyone else here have the habit of finishing the food their kids don't eat? I do that - gotta get out of that habit! Also, I think it's harder to keep junk food out of the house when you have a family - anyone else struggling with this?

When dd was younger and I wasn't watching calories and tracking food- yeah, I ate the kid leftovers.
    Now that dd is 16- no. She can finish her own food or get smaller portions.

I don't keep "junk food" out of the house. I plan what I will eat and log it. Looking at calories, protein and getting several servings of vegetables or fruits a day. I don't use tons of calories on oil, cookies or chips.

I'd say get in the habit of planning and logging. Have treats in smaller amounts.