Here's how I exercise with arthritis!

Options
My arthritis is degenerative and is in both hip joints and my lower back. Although it is very painful, I still exercise 3 times a week. I begin even before I get out of bed. I start by doing side and front leg lifts and special ones for my hip joints. I have an exerciser called th Ab-doer. Even though its an ab machine, I bought it to strengthen and stretch my back. The Ab doer is a chair that rocks back and forth and from side to side. While sitting on it I work out to the Walk Away the Pounds DVD. I am able to do every single from this sitting position, plus incorporate abs, back, and arm exercises (the machine also has moveable arms). Though I'm unable to stand to work out, I still get a GREAT workout with no stress on my joints. I love it.

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    That's good to read! I have total admiration for you in doing what you can despite your ailment. Thanks for sharing!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. You're an inspiration. And I had a feeling Lelise Sansone was involved... :flowerforyou:
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Love your determination!!! :):drinker:
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    way to go...the thing is to move as we can...I think you are doing well especially with your arthritis...take care friend :flowerforyou:
  • shakira9634
    shakira9634 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love it! Thanks for sharing; you are an inspiration!
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can let my mom & aunt in on this ! Great idea ! Good luck, I have arthritis as well.
  • kaykaylyn
    kaykaylyn Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your comments. I actually feel pretty good that I could adapt in order to meet my exercise goals/needs. And yes it is one of Leslie Sansone's DVD's, she's great I love her. Hope everyone has a great week.