Skinny people

Options
melissagonzalez365
melissagonzalez365 Posts: 17 Member
edited February 2017 in Chit-Chat
How can I possibly have motivation to loose weight if everyone around me is skinny and eats junk food all day. Not fair ! Does Any other woman have this problem ?

Replies

• slinkyreptile
    slinkyreptile Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes!! My husband is currently weighing in at 9st 4 and struggles to put on weight while I am 12 st 2 and struggling to lose it. Not easy at mealtimes
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    No, because their body is not your body and your body is the only one you have. They're not being kind to their bodies and it'll catch up with them one day, either through extra weight or diseases. You can eat junk sometimes, but losing weight will take time and you have to change your mindset if you want to be successful.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Skinny doesn't always equal healthy. Focus on getting healthy, the rest will follow.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    "just because someone else is doing it, doesn't mean that you can/need to also" - my mother
  • slinkyreptile
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    No, because their body is not your body and your body is the only one you have. They're not being kind to their bodies and it'll catch up with them one day, either through extra weight or diseases. You can eat junk sometimes, but losing weight will take time and you have to change your mindset if you want to be successful.

This is true, you need to be accountable for your own actions and what food you eat. Yes skinny isn't necessarily healthy but it can be frustrating trying to eat a salad when someone is sitting with a burger. Of course you get into the habit of teaching yourself the benefits of healthy foods and nourishing your body but it definitely isn't easy at times

• slinkyreptile
    Options
    I guess the question is... why are you eating a salad instead of also eating a burger and fitting it into your calorie goals?

Very good question!! I see your point
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    UltraVegRunnerBabe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    How can I possibly have motivation to loose weight if everyone around me is skinny and eats junk food all day. Not fair ! Does Any other woman have this problem ?

I have "skinny" people come up and tell me they could be as healthy as I am and eat fruit and vegetables, so you can make your friends jealous by eating better than them!
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    "just because someone else is doing it, doesn't mean that you can/need to also" - my mother

Haha, I think our mom's might know each other
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    On the flip side, how can I have the motivation to get fat if everyone around me is fat and trying to diet???? Its really not fair. What if I want to eat and not make them drool over what im eating?
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Not to sound mean, but you are in control of what you do. Its not anyone else's fault or responsibility. Its hard, sure, but its your decision to be strong enough.
  • jbeth30
    jbeth30 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I guess the question is... why are you eating a salad instead of also eating a burger and fitting it into your calorie goals?
    This is how I see it. Fit it into your goals if it will fit...if not then find something that's less calories that you still really enjoy without feeling dissatisfied. If you felt satisfied with what you were eating then you would care less what they were eating!