most embarrassing thing happened when you were fat?

Options
kittyd7015
kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
for me breaking a garden swing!

Replies

• RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    In high school, a group of guys learned how to say "you're fat" in Spanish. They would walk by me and say it constantly...I finally googled it & figured out what they were saying. ...not fun. :(
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I fell of a rock wall on a hike.. landed on my feet, fell forward, and bounced about 10 ft.... all on video and posted to facebook.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Just always being the fat one in any photo, at any gathering, and feeling incredibly self-conscious.

Nothing in particular stands out, except that my husband was always embarrassed of me. Ironically, he left me after I lost 45 pounds. And thanks to that, I lost another 30+. Too bad for him I look better than I have in years.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I couldn't fit into the seat of a carnival ride.
  • orangeyellowkayak
    orangeyellowkayak Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    this happened to me a number of years ago. I have since lost and gained weight a couple of times. I was walking down the street with my 2 small children and a woman came up to me and said "you poor girl 2 little one and one on the way" of course i was not pregnant. can't blame the womqn I looked 6 months along.
  • this_life_is_my_life
    Options
    Just always being the fat one in any photo, at any gathering, and feeling incredibly self-conscious.

Nothing in particular stands out, except that my husband was always embarrassed of me. Ironically, he left me after I lost 45 pounds. And thanks to that, I lost another 30+. Too bad for him I look better than I have in years.

ZING! Looks like you benefited more then he did. I of course was in a "weak" lawn chair, those cheap little plastic ones. And the back two legs just broke, causing the chair to fall backwards with me in it. Then adding insult to injury, because only the back two legs broke, the front two legs kept me from being able to get straight up without having to roll on my side out of the chair, and THEN get up. :ohwell: :sad: :embarassed:
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I was eating Wheat Thins in the communal kitchen in college. The girlfriend of one of my housemates said "Shouldn't you slow down with those?" Before I could respond she pinched my fat roll in front of everyone to make her point. Everyone was literally speechless. Yeah...needless to say I didn't like her very much.
  • Inarific
    Inarific Posts: 29
    Options
    I was standing in line at a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. A family was standing behind me. The little kid asked his dad why I had a big butt? Oh boy, that was embarrassing. The poor father was pretty embarrassed too.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options

I'm just trying to figure out how a man could be embarrassed of you at any weight. You're gorgeous!
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Good to see someone who actually lost weight after being ditched. Usually you hear stories about people drowning their sorrows in chocolate Brownies. Good for you girl!!!! Way to go!!!!
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My son was leaning back in a lawn chair while we had a visitor. After me telling him repeatedly to sit in the chair right the chair starts to fall. I grab his chair trying to save him. My chair starts to go with him. At the time this boy only weighed 65 pounds soaking wet. Anyway, I grab onto the table, and the family member grabs the arm of my chair, and we all start to fall. I let go of the table, and the family member lets go of my chair. So my little bitty son takes me and my chair down with him! I was so embarrassed all I could do is lay there and laugh. My family member was trying to help us up, and see if I was ok.

Now I laugh when I think about it because that little boy almost took out all of the lawn furniture and two grown ups! I guess you had to be there. (-:
  • terriaz
    terriaz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I went to visit a friend in the hospital about 8 years ago. Her brother, who I hadn't seen in 4-5 years, had never seen me fat, only back when I was trim. He was waiting out front for me so he could take me up to the room. I walked past him but didn't see him then walking past the second time I saw him and called his name. He said to me (right in front of my husband and several people standing on the sidewalk), "Holy crap, sorry, I saw you walk by the first time but didn't recognize you... you look like a linebacker!" I was mortified and still remember it to this day.
  • Shananigans_
    Shananigans_ Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything horrendous but I do cringe when I look at the few 'fat' photos of me. I can also remember coming into work after walking the three flights of stairs up to our floor. My friend said omg are you okay. My face was beet red and I was huffing and puffing. Not cool.
  • aldaroya
    aldaroya Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had gone on a date that went super well after dinner we went for drinks and bumped into a few of his friends, he interduced me and all seemed well. I went to the restroom an when i came back I over heard his friend saying " Is this some kind of joke what are you doing with that heffer" I thought I was gonna die. He didnt know that i heard what his friend said and never said anything mean himself. He even called a couple times after that but I never dated him again way too embarressed!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Broke a chair.
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I nearly missed the bus so decided to run for it, and my shirt was quite tight - of course, my boobs wobbling all over the place caused the buttons to pop open and everyone saw.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    at a party i was sitting in one of those plastic chairs, when i got up, it came with me. that was bad enough, everyone was laughing, i was mortified. but the worst was when my friend tried to help me get it off my enormous *kitten*. she was pulling the leg, i was pushing off the handles, and when it finally popped off, i fell forward, landing on the plastic table in front of me and squashing it flat.

i pretended like i was really drunk, but really i had only had a couple of beers. it was the talk of the party, everyone was pointing and laughing, i of course, pointed and laughed too, made it seem like i thought it was sooooo funnny. but man, i was dying inside. i wanted to cry so bad.
  • ravensfitnessjourney
    ravensfitnessjourney Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I broke the zipper on my favorite pair of jeans.. lol :(
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My most embarrassing thing happened when my brothers made fun of my gut just about popping the buttons off of my shirt while at my other brother's wedding. I seriously looked like a stuffed sausage in it. I wore that shirt to church today, and looked good in it!
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    When I was 14, my loud @ss uncle, who I hadn't seen in a couple of years said, "Daaammnnn!! How much you weigh??!!" In front of a cute boy I really really really liked. I guess my crush felt bad, and I guess he thought it would make me feel better by telling me later, "I don't like skinny girls. I like them fat just like you." and smacked me on the butt. I liked it, but I was still embarrassed.