Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pcos

Hi everyone trying to lose weight and get for for healthy body and mind. Anyone got any good tips apart from not eating to much haha. I have pcos so harder to lose weight anyone else suffer with this?

Replies

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    I copied this into a note that I could reuse because there are so many PCOS threads, so my apologies if you've seen it before.

Short version of what works for me:

1. Set to 1.5 lbs/week.
    2. 150g carbs or fewer.
    4. 45 min of sweaty exercise, 6 days a week. Yoga and leisurely walks aren't enough. If you can't do 45 minutes all at once, just catch your breath and start again when you're ready, until you’ve reached the time.

Insulin is an issue, so lowish carb and heavy exercise are key. They also help with satiety, blood glucose levels, and earning enough extra calories to stay sane. It can also drive down testosterone levels, which helps reduce some of the less pleasant symptoms.

I started at 248 and am now at 208. Best of luck to you!
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    I also have PCOS and agree with everything TmacMMM said. I would add that exercise should include strength training (weights) in that 45 minutes. I've lost 118 lbs, despite a doctor telling me that women with PCOS cannot lose weight. It just isn't true.