Who eats whatever they want and drops body fat?

Options
Just wanting to get the feel of what other people eat and do to lose body fat/ not muscle?

Is it really just as simple as 1) eating whatever foods (processed, trans fat, salt, sugar etc...) as long as you are at a deficit 2) Lifting weights 3) doing some cardio 4) tracking foods on MFP to ensure you are maintaining a deficit? 5) Do you need to keep a positive mind 99% of the time too?

I just want to hear other people's stories with fat loss. Please understand that I am not going to be into strict af diets and getting ready for comp diets kind of things. That is not for me. Thank you. I wish! LOL but I don't have the support nor will I ever...
So just fat loss and easiness, convenience if possible for me.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Down 7.2kg so far in 10 weeks (got a bit off track at christmas as I was travelling a lot and didn't log so it's really 8 weeks). I eat a fair bit of sugar, still order Dominos now and again or go out for food. The difference now is I do all of that in moderation. I have had a couple of days eating at maintenance level too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. I make *some* of the things I want fit in, but if I don't get enough protein and fiber, I get hangry.

I think it really depends on what stuff you like. My favorite things are high calorie desserts - very hard to fit in. A slice of pizza or two? No problem... at least it's filling and doesn't leave me craving more carbs.

I've lost 75 lbs and maintained the lost (more or less 5 lbs) for almost 3 years though! I do make room for those desserts... just sometimes.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yup over here. Flexible dieter, lifting 3-4x per week, no cardio (but I breastfeed lol), I don't track my macros but because of my high intake and past experience tracking I can be pretty sure I hit those minimums. I recently lost my baby weight, preserving muscle and lowering my bf%.
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi there. I've lost a bit over 100 pounds so far and I eat pretty much whatever I want. Some things I avoid because I can't control them but I've had cheat meals, diet breaks, and indulgences and I'm still steadily losing. Just keep me away from the carne asada nachos. :D:D:D
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I've lost 80lbs eating whatever I want - but please note that "whatever I want" includes whole bunches of lean meat, whole grains, vegetables, home cooked meals etc. Yes, I work things I love into my calories, I've had meals, days, and weeks, even months where I've gone off the rails. But even when I'm 100% on track and tracking, I've made room for things I love.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    40 lbs down so far.

I eat what I want but i moderate. I also make modifications to my favorite higher calories foods like pizza, but that doesn't mean I don eat take out pizza on occasion, I do.

I make sure i have an overall balanced nutritious diet, but I make room for whatever I want.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    @Look_Its_Kriss wow.....you look amazing!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Raises hand.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png