I'm a newbie "Need to lose 100+ lbs"

Options
Hello My name is Peggy and I'm 42 years old. I live in Miami, FL and work full time. I have been struggling with weight gain since the birth of my son oldest son; he's now 19 years old. I just purchased the total gym and wanted to start change my eating habits as well. I'm so scared to begin this new journey but excited all at once. The weight gain has been very hard on my body and health. I've developed high blood pressure and it runs in my family along with heart disease and diabetes. I don't know what the future may bring but I'm excited to see how much weight I can lose. My friends and family have been supportive. I need all the prayers and help I can get at this point. The attached picture is me on my wedding day. Losing weight for me is more of a healthy lifestyle than for looks. My mom died at 46 and I want to live to see my grandchildren. I have a 8 year old son as well. That's me in a nut shell.:wink:

Replies

• Jennyd1314
    Jennyd1314 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey, I need to loose 75lbs, been battling with weight for over 10 years. Welcome to add me. My boys are 4. I.m in UK.
  • tinylightsbelow
    tinylightsbelow Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! The best way to have a healthy diet is to up your intake of fruits and veggies, in my opinion. However, simply weighing less will help you very much as well and if you're watching calories and exercising, that is more than half the battle. :)
  • aprilbeal1
    aprilbeal1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me as well, I also have a big weight loss goal and would be happy to motivate you along your journey.
  • marlo665
    marlo665 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good luck Peggy. I have over 100 lbs to lose also and plan to be on here a long time. Feel free to add me.
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Brava for committing to yourself!

Add me if you like. I started last August 20th determined to become the healthiest version of myself that I could, which included dumping 120 excess pounds. I have about 98 pounds to go, feeling good all the way!
  • Mrmowgli
    Mrmowgli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Peggy,
    My name is Nita, I see a lot of my self in your story! I started off at217 lbs and was very out of shape, unhealthy nd unhappy. In November 2012' I was diagnosed with diabetes and my doctor told me she had to put me on insulin. I had watch
    He'd my mother struggle with type 2 diabetes for 35 years and she was NOT a good role model. She eats anything she wants and doesnT seem to care. She has had 5 heart attacks and 3 strokes. I was terrified of going down that road and when the doctor told me I was diabetic, something changed me forever. I told the doctor that I would change my lifestyle and just to give me a chance. She was hesitant but put me on Mediformin instead.
    . I went home, told my husband we were changing our lives and we did. W threw out all the junk food, starting on the treadmill sitting in the spare room for years. I exercise 6 times a week for 45 minutes. Since November I dropped almost 80 lbs. I am training for a half marathon, I feel and look great.
    You can do this, and you already have a great attitude. There will be weak times, remind yourself that you are making a choice, you are choosing not to eat that cookie, you are choosing to exercise, and you are choosing health. I have to say it feels pretty dark good to be a hottie again too! :)
    My sisters and mother tell me I am an inspiration to them and that feels great but I have to inspire myself each day too because it is still challenging. Food still looks good but I have found replacements.
    I would love to keep in touch. You go, girl"
  • finally328
    Options
    Hi Peggy,

I am also starting and need to loose at least 80 lbs, I live in New York and would like to be part of your support system, please feel free to add me to your friends list.

Francine
  • janinealfke
    Options
    I know how you feel. I too have battled my weight for 20 plus years. I recently had RNY Gastric bypass surgery (11.5 mos ago) and have lost a ton of weight. But the year before surgery I lost a bunch by myself...you can do this...just be smart about your food choices. Eat high protein, low fat and low carb....and by low carb I mean less than 100 grams a day of carbs. For ME I have to eat 40g or less a day or I literally have a gain...so annoying....but you can do this. Feel free to friend me if you like. I am 52 and have lost 283 lbs so far, with 80 to go. If we stick together we can change our lives! I wish you the best of luck!!!

Janine Alfke
  • pauluk1978
    pauluk1978 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi all I have a lot to lose too and if any one wants to add me please feel free, we can motivate and support each other along the way
  • yinkyo
    yinkyo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on taking the first steps to becoming a more healthy and radiant you. Feel free to add me, I'm also looking to lose 100+ lbs, and have been steadily losing it through this site. I offer great support and encouragement and love to keep positive people in my feed.

My one main piece of advice... keep your spirits up, you'll need it, because there will be days where you'll think it's not worth it, it's too hard, you can't keep it up... but you can, and you will... so keep your spirits up!
  • CaylaStacy
    Options
    I have 85 more lbs to lose, you're more than welcome to add me too :) Good luck on your journey x
  • amberpickens
    amberpickens Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    you can add me for support. we are also starting a biggest loser challenge you can join if you would like
  • pmsjoseph
    pmsjoseph Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello, thank you for the encouragement. Have a great day,

:smile:
  • pmsjoseph
    pmsjoseph Posts: 4
    Options
    Sorry for the delay. WOW....your story really touched my heart. Thank you for sharing. I will lose this weight one step at a time.
  • mitzvahmom78
    mitzvahmom78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, Peggy! You and everyone else on this thread may feel free to add me as a friend as well. I also have around 100 pounds to lose. I'm already struggling with many physical problems due to my weight, and desperately trying to avoid the diabetes and heart disease that run in my family. There's strength in numbers!