Have you ever ran into a MFP member IRL?

Options
walleyclan1
walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
I have a fear sometimes after I make a somewhat inappropriate comment that I may see the person I am rating or otherwise commenting on at the grocery store, or maybe he will be my new dentist or bring a pet into me. That would be awkward...

Replies

• nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    No but I would love to! I need a workout buddy desperately!!
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yeah - my housemate. Ha!
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    me too! your gym or mine?
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    nope, its a big old world though so the likely hood of randomly running into one of 80 people is pretty slim

would love to meet a few from my list though,
  • nilleah
    Options
    me too! your gym or mine?

Either will do! :)
  • nilleah
    Options
    nope, its a big old world though so the likely hood of randomly running into one of 80 people is pretty slim

would love to meet a few from my list though,

Me too! ;)
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Yep. My wife, daughter, and a co-worker. Guess that's cheatin' huh?!
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Well no cos they always do that thing where they get the police, you end up in court, you break the injunction, it just goes on and on .......
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have the face recognition skillz.

Plus I think it would be weird to introduce myself like 'Hi, I'm Nikki...you're not on MyFitnessPal are you? Okay good...'
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My two housemates are members! I've never happened to run into someone that I recognized from MFP, though.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Nope but there are many that I would like to meet.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Well no cos they always do that thing where they get the police, you end up in court, you break the injunction, it just goes on and on .......

lol
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I'd love to meet a MFP'er!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Yap, lots and lots. But then again, I've been here for awhile.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Was at a new gym and when I mentioned to the trainer that I'm on MFP he said he is too so we became friends on here. He doesn't post on the boards, though. Just uses it to track food. I also ran into another at a get-together with some friends, so we became friends. She also doesn't post on the boards, haha.

I have met an MFP member from my friends list, and will be staying with my first ever MFP friend when I visit her in Australia in a couple weeks :)
  • Hollabauler
    Hollabauler Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    No. I have two mfps who were friends of mine before I got online, but as for the ones I've met here, I've yet to meet any of them. I would certainly like to!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I ran into some overweight girl calling herself curvy. I thought she was a MFP'er

Another instance in the supermarket was a guy talking to strangers and telling them the dangers of not clean eating. I suspect he was an MFP'er too.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I ran into some overweight girl calling herself curvy. I thought she was a MFP'er

Another instance in the supermarket was a guy talking to strangers and telling them the dangers of not clean eating. I suspect he was an MFP'er too.

Lol
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    A party with everyone from my FL would be epic!

tumblr_lzaczpj9kk1qgm5tco1_500.gif