Slowwww Weightloss Ughhh!!

Options
I know this has been posted day after day but I just need to vent! I started my lifestyle change on Dec 26th, 2016. My SW was 191 lbs and to date Feb. 15 it's 185 lbs. I guess the calculation is correct if you count 1 lb a week because it's been around 6 weeks but that 185 has been plateaued for like 3 weeks. I weigh all my food and workout 6 days a week for 60-90 mins eating between 14-1500 cals a day and drink nothing but water. I'm gonna continue what I do because I refuse to give up. At times it just seems frustrating when all the hard work you put in doesn't equal to what's coming off and I know inches are more important. I know it's a slow process and it didn't come on overnight so it's not going to come off overnight. Just venting folks but any advice would sure lift my spirits! Thanks and enjoy your day!

Replies

• LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hi, I think the rate of weight loss your currently on is pretty healthy, and I think it's great you've been losing weight. Don't let the number make you feel dejected. Last week I ended up losing 0.2 pounds it wasn't a Huge number, but I knew I'm slowly making progress. I think your numbers are super normal, and will help you out in the long run. People who have like 100+ pounds often lose a lot of weight which in turn makes people who aren't losing as much weight kinda not normal. But you're okay :) keep doing what you're doing, and you'll be on your goal weight soon.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    It's frustrating, but you'll get there, just keep plugging away and do what you can to enjoy the journey
  • aldavid18
    aldavid18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Keep a positive attitude. I look at it in regards to weight loss in general. If you going down you're doing things right. Slow and steady is the best way and the overall goal. You will win in the end:)
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Chances are alot of your initial big losses will have been water weight and your body has just readjusted, you will have still been losing fat but probably gained some water weight back for muscle repair since you're exercising (as muscles tend to retain fluid) don't worry it'll start going down again weight loss is seldom linear. I also get how irritating not seeing the "number" results are but as long as you haven't been slacking on your logging there's nothing to worry about and its just one of those natural plateau's you can't do anything about. x Good luck and well done on the loss so far :)
  • mstbyl
    mstbyl Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    eating better than ever .. over 2 months... lbs not coming off as much as in beginning, but know that by sticking to calories.. there will be some reward over time.. patience is key.. and some days, yes - it feels like spinning the wheel, but believe my body will catch up with the effort.. prob on its terms ;-)
    Transformations.. take months.. but by cutting out sugar, and less healthy foods, there is an enormous health benefit - that alone is a huge plus- so hang in there.. it's a journey for sure & congrats on your weight loss thus far