Laughing Cow Pasta??

Options
Wadeeee
Wadeeee Posts: 70 Member
I've seen a few posts a while ago, where people were melting Laughing Cow cheese wedges over pasta to make a cheesy pasta sauce. I went grocery shopping yesterday and debated buying the white cheddar wedges to melt over macaroni noodles, but ended up being a chicken and put it back. Has anyone tried it, or have any other ideas for flavor combinations? The only others I found at the store were Swiss and pepper jack, neither of which I can imagine going on pasta. Any ideas are appreciated, friends!!

Replies

• jbeth30
    jbeth30 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So funny this was brought up..just yesterday I was thinking about this! I like Mac and cheese and haven't had it in a while and was trying to think of a less caloric way to make it yet it still taste yummy! I have pepper jack in my fridge. I usually melt it over scrambled eggs and it's good.
  • Wadeeee
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Melt 1-2 wedges with milk or half and half. Pepper jack is surprisingly good. Don't be scared.

Okay, maybe I should be more optimistic. Maybe served over classic elbows and tossed with breaded, sliced chicken? And some extra peppers and onions? Thoughts?
  • Wadeeee
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    Swiss would be good over egg noodles with a little ham or prosciutto. And maybe some peas or asparagus.

This actually sounds really good! Maybe even sprinkled with crushed crackers or bread crumbs for an added crunch!
  • Wadeeee
    Options
    jbeth30 wrote: »
    So funny this was brought up..just yesterday I was thinking about this! I like Mac and cheese and haven't had it in a while and was trying to think of a less caloric way to make it yet it still taste yummy! I have pepper jack in my fridge. I usually melt it over scrambled eggs and it's good.

I love my pasta, and have been trying to find ways to eat it "responsibly". :)
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Good ideas! I think I will add shredded zucchini to lessen the amount of pasta. Thanks!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I used to love Swiss on pasta so I really got to try something like this, lol.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Neufchatel is close in stats, so sometimes I'll use that.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I didn't know about this. Yay. I love laughing cow so heck yes I'm gonna put it on pasta now.
  • lynnweisbach
    lynnweisbach Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have used the white cheddar in grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup. I spray my bread with butter and put it into a George Forman grill with non-stick aluminum foil. Taste delish and has a good comfort old vibe.
  • kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Saute some mushrooms,garlic and lean bacon bits then add hot pasta, melt through 2 extra light laughing cow triangles over the heat and serve immediately. Its delicious!
  • Wadeeee
    Options
    kermax39 wrote: »
    Saute some mushrooms,garlic and lean bacon bits then add hot pasta, melt through 2 extra light laughing cow triangles over the heat and serve immediately. Its delicious!

This sounds amazing! Which flavor of cheese would you recommend?
  • kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wadeeee wrote: »
    kermax39 wrote: »

This sounds amazing! Which flavor of cheese would you recommend?

I just use the cheddar one, but the blue cheese ones would go well with it too
  • kiwijangle
    kiwijangle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I cook the pasta then toss in whatever I have on hand that I think goes good together. ham tomato parsley cheese olives .... chicken sweetcorn bell pepper mint... salmon shrimps tomato parsley lemon capers... maybe a drizzle of nice oil and some salt n pepper too... just keep the amount of hical down n local up... serve on lettuce or rocket to boost volume...
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I actually really enjoy the spicy pepper jack on top of spaghetti noodles with swedish meatballs! It may sound strange, but it has a really nice flavor in my opinion!
  • TheMaskedMaiden
    TheMaskedMaiden Posts: 19 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Low cal carbonara i boil 1 noodle nest
    In a saucepan add 4tsp of low fat cream cheese, 15g of cheedar grated and a splash of milk, salt, pepper, dired chives and galic powder combine together add in your noodles and either chicken or bacon and its delicious and its about 350 cals depending on your meat
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I use laughing cow cheese to make creamed spinach. I also mix it with drained, frozen chopped spinach to stuff inside chicken breasts.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Forgot about Laughing Cow. Have put over spaghetti squash before. Tasty and low cal!
  • curvesfordays8907
    curvesfordays8907 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

I have used it in whole wheat rotini with spinach and cherry tomatoes and a little garlic and red pepper flakes. Really good a not too caloric.