How to update weight for calorie deficit without losing progress info

Svengali904
Svengali904 Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I read on here somewhere which makes sense that as you lose weight you need to occasionally update that so that your calorie deficit will adjust and you will continue to lose weight. First off, how do I do that? Second of all is there a way to do it without losing all of my progress as far as weight loss so far? I have lost 11 pounds so I wanted to adjust it, but I want to be able to keep my progress so far on here so I can see the overall picture

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Go to "my home" and "goals". Then hit "view guided set up" and run through it again. If you leave your starting weight and date as is, you'll keep your 11 lb lost update.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Yes you can update your weight easily without losing any history.

Go to

Home
    Check in

that easy.

Now mind you if you change your calorie goals it will change it totally...so if your goal yesterday was 1800 and you change it to 1600 today all days will say 1600.
  • Svengali904
    Svengali904 Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2017
    Oops sorry, I guess I explained it wrong. I read on here that as you lose weight you will need a different amount of calories to continue to lose and it was suggested that we readjust those calories. I know how to change my weight on the app, I just don't know how to change it to see how it adjust my calorie deficit to continue to lose weight without losing progress?
    For example, If I weighed 300 pounds in the beginning of the diet it would give me a certain calorie deficit to reach my two pounds a week goal. If I lose 100 pounds the amount of calories I need to consume per day will change so I need to know how find out the updated amount of calories needed
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Oops sorry, I guess I explained it wrong. I read on here that as you lose weight you will need a different amount of calories to continue to lose and it was suggested that we readjust those calories. I know how to change my weight on the app, I just don't know how to change it to see how it adjust my calorie deficit to continue to lose weight without losing progress?

What you're talking about is "adaptive metabolism", which isn't really as much as people make it out to be. Yes you will need to periodically adjust your calories, but it probably won't be by very much.

As you lose weight, you're also losing LBM, which will cause your number to get smaller. In addition to that you have the adaptive component (which is relatively minor).

Generally about every 10lbs lost you could probably safely readjust a little (if you even need to). Personally I wait about a month before I made any changes to my diet.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    annacole94 wrote: »
    Go to "my home" and "goals". Then hit "view guided set up" and run through it again. If you leave your starting weight and date as is, you'll keep your 11 lb lost update.

This is how you adjust your calorie information from the desktop. From the app, if you click "more" then "goals" and reselect your weekly goal after making sure your current weight is correct a popup will come up asking you if you are sure click yes and it will recalculate your calories.

I do this every 5-10 lbs. I've lost 25 lbs so far and I'm at about 200 calories less than I started out with 25 lbs ago.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Do others find that it resets your macro percentages when you do the update? I keep forgetting to go set them back when I change my weight and then wonder why my protein goal is so low.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Do others find that it resets your macro percentages when you do the update? I keep forgetting to go set them back when I change my weight and then wonder why my protein goal is so low.

Yes, unfortunately.