I've plateaued!! Please help

Options
I've lost 43 pounds to date and I've been stuck for about 4 weeks. I work out about3/4 times a week. Cardio and weighs. My diet is low carb no sugar . I have about 15 more pounds I'd like to loose. Tia

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale to weigh and log everything? The closer you get to goal weight the less room you have for error.

Do you eat back your exercise calories? All of them or a percentage?

Here's an awesome chart you can use to help determine where you can tighten up and get to your goal! You're doing awesome! Keep it up!

d9h12ejddpnj.jpg
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you eat per day? Do you log everything, every day, using a food scale? What is your current height/weight?
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I like the echo, what ^^^ they said.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Have you decreased your intake as you've been losing? You may have reached a weight where your calorie intake is enough to maintain, but too high to lose.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Also have you changed your workout routine recently? Torn muscles will retain fluid so it could be water weight.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    4 weeks may seem like a lot, but it really isn't. You could easily have water weight masking fat loss due to a combination of TOM, a high-sodium meal right when it should have been the "best time of the month", etc. So, I'd give it a few more weeks before considering it a plateau.

If you're not convinced, a few other things worth looking at:
    • Have you re-adjusted your calorie goal to account for your weight loss?
    • Are you still accurately logging everything or have you started eyeballing a "splash" of cream in your coffee, a "smear" of peanut butter on your toast, etc.?
    • Have you started having unlogged "tastes" while cooking (or leftovers off kids' plates or whatever)?
    • Have you recently added any regularly used products where you might have chosen an inaccurate entry in the database?

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I just got stuck for a week after 6 months of good loss. I was tracking in ounces and cups so I switched to grams and ate less exercise cals, and was mindful of the small lazy habits that had crept in and fixed those. Back down again finally.