Dont wait!

Options
Since joining MFP, I've noticed a large group of women in their thirties with large amounts of weight to lose. Each ones story is a little different, but the common factor is they all have fairly significant amounts of weight to lose. When I was in my 30's, I could have been anyone of these women...similar story, same tears.

Now, at the age of 56, I've lost 110 pounds. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled at my success for so many reasons. But...my message to you is DONT WAIT LIKE I DID!! Waiting until the age of 56 is a regret I now carry as I see how my body suffered over the years. Stretch marks that won't go away, loose skin that won't shrink, new wrinkles on my face as I continue to lose the weight...these are all things my body would have mostly recovered from had I lost the weight at a younger age.

You can do it...it is only a matter of calories in versus calories out...period!!

Replies

• Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Since joining MFP, I've noticed a large group of women in their thirties with large amounts of weight to lose. Each ones story is a little different, but the common factor is they all have fairly significant amounts of weight to lose. When I was in my 30's, I could have been anyone of these women...similar story, same tears.

Now, at the age of 56, I've lost 110 pounds. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled at my success for so many reasons. But...my message to you is DONT WAIT LIKE I DID!! Waiting until the age of 56 is a regret I now carry as I see how my body suffered over the years. Stretch marks that won't go away, loose skin that won't shrink, new wrinkles on my face as I continue to lose the weight...these are all things my body would have mostly recovered from had I lost the weight at a younger age.

You can do it...it is only a matter of calories in versus calories out...period!!

Excellent post!

Something that I always find is saddening is how a big loss in weight can result in people looking older! Even some women who are currently in their 20s and 30s can drop weight too quickly and end up looking 10 years older. Josie Gibson is an example.

I'd like a few good years with my ideal body before I start a family. As God knows maintaining / losing will become much harder after that! hehe x
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, as I am also 56 and can totally relate to what you have said!!! I wish I would have completed my journey to health on the numerous attempts I made!!