Halo top vs enlightened ice cream pints

Options
Survey time!
Which overall do you like better? Which texture do you like better? Which flavor of each do you like best? How do the 2 compare? Thanks all!

Replies

• Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    As far as I can tell Enlightened pints don't exist anywhere in the universe, so Halo Top wins so far for me.

RIGHT?! I can't find them anywhere!!!!!
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I bought and tried 2 different flavors of Halo Top and threw them both out. Taste nothing like icecream and leave a really weird aftertaste. It was so gross.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Go for Arctic Zero - much better
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I love Halo Top Peanut butter cup one and cookies and cream was yum. Did not like mint chip. The taste was too strong. Enlightened I can't find anywhere.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I've never had the Enlightened brand. I've read over and over that Halo Top peanut butter cup is amazing, but my personal opinion is that the pb flavor is rather light. My favorite is the chocolate mocha.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried Enlightened pints, but the Enlightened chocolate peanut butter bars were hideous. Had a strange, dry chalky texture. I'd even take ArcticZero over those things. Halo Top is still the best I've tried.
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have not been able to find the Enlightened pints anywhere and I know I have tried the bars but I prefer the Yasso frozen greek yogurt bars (chocolate chip cookie dough is SO good). But I love Halo Top-the oatmeal cookie, peanut butter, and lemon cake are my favorites. Artic zero has no flavor at all so never waste your money on that.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Enlightened for me. I finally found it at a Sprouts farmer market. I have tried all of the Halo Top flavors (including the new)...and so far just the Strawberry Cheesecake Enlightened alone has Halo Top beat..but I haven't inhaled the other pints yet, but still. I found enlightened more flavorful and creamier.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I can not find the Enlightened pints- I like the ice cream bars just fine. I like halo top better- but the price is whew- I do like the yasso bars as well and I can find all 5 flavors here in my little town
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Um...no.

Halo Top Birthday Cake is awesome (haven't tried any of the new flavors) & around my area we only have the Enlightened bars.

To update Giant has started to carry Enlightened with only four flavors in stock & I love the Triple Chocolate & the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip is ok. I'm hoping they'll stock more flavors soon & more of the Halo Top.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Options
    The enlightened pints ive tried seem more creamy and not very "Ice creamy" if that makes any sense! I've only had the oatmeal caramel cookie (which tastes really good) and hot chocolate (Which was eh..)
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I just now discovered Halo Top (thanks to posters here!) and LOVE it. I went to buy some Artic Zero last night but Target was sold out of them. I've never heard of Enlightened before?
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about caloriewise, it would only be for the creamy pints. Those are completely vile, cookie dough is at least edible.

I am so happy my local grocery store started to carry a single Halo Top flavor.

• Kimblesnbits13
    Options
    I just now discovered Halo Top (thanks to posters here!) and LOVE it. I went to buy some Artic Zero last night but Target was sold out of them. I've never heard of Enlightened before?

Dont bother with arctic zero! It's basically bland flavored ice!
  • bertygriffith
    bertygriffith Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Haven't been able to find Enlightened around these parts. Arctic Zero was like eating frozen spit to me and they are way more expensive than Halo Top. I wait for my store to run a sale and snatch them up for $3.50/pint and clear the store out of my favorite flavors.