What is the "point" of adding friends on MFP?

Options
13»

Replies

• ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    mom22dogs wrote: »
    I have a question - everyone keeps talking about your "feed" or "wall" that you can see people's updates, likes and comments. Where is this? I've never seen it. I guess I just come to the website and click on community and never noticed anything in the menu bar that said anything about a wall or feed.

There should be a "My Home" option somewhere. It should be up to on the navigation bar that you found the "community" option. Mine has, My home, food, exercise, reports, apps, community, blog and shop. Go to that and, select "my home" and you will see this feed. If you have friends their updates will be there.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    I am going to add, they don'tr call the site, "My Fitness Solo" it's "My fitness PAL". Your fitness pals are here!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I have a question - everyone keeps talking about your "feed" or "wall" that you can see people's updates, likes and comments. Where is this? I've never seen it. I guess I just come to the website and click on community and never noticed anything in the menu bar that said anything about a wall or feed.

On the web site it says my home, food, exercise, reports, apps, coomunity across the top. Go to "my home" and scroll down to see the newsfeed.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Still not convinced. I'll keep going the way I have been.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Still not convinced. I'll keep going the way I have been.

I think I'm joining the dark side with you.

Loved having the friends at first, but now I'm just kind of like "meh, too much social interaction."

I'll stick to randomly popping up on the forums.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I've been here 4 yrs, and in cruising the boards I've seen people posting that I admire. Many of them are intelligent and know their stuff. When they asked me to be friends, I was frankly honored. I don't say no to people when they ask and sometimes I don't know who they are. I check in and see what people are doing. Some are consistent and awesome exercisers. I just personally like them.
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    And it's kinda odd. I don't think the people I'm friends with here actually post on the forums....?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Encouragement from people who understand what challenges you have and are supportive. I can't talk about having serious cravings to my coworkers (a bunch of guys who like sports), but I can to my MFP friends.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

On the web site it says my home, food, exercise, reports, apps, coomunity across the top. Go to "my home" and scroll down to see the newsfeed.

Oh, I guess I've never scrolled down on that page. I just look at the calories and never paid attention that there was more on the page below it.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    JennyRATL wrote: »
    And it's kinda odd. I don't think the people I'm friends with here actually post on the forums....?

I had MFP since 2012 and only used the forums for the first time this year.
  • fatboy_rob
    fatboy_rob Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Support and motivation in the main. I have a few friends that have the same step recorder and it's really useful if you're having a lazy day.
  • dead1te
    dead1te Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fun, support, encouragement, motivation, inspiration, accountability...

this, for me the social aspect of MFP is part and parcel, im chatting to like minded people with the same goal as me - self improvement, but some people prefer to go it alone, its all good, different strokes for different folks :-) - what matters is *IF* you want the social aspect, its always there for people.