30 pounds to go, semi-vegetarian, chronic pain and thyroid challenges, seeking supportive pals

Options
Hi! I'm a 37 yo woman who needs to lose thirty pounds to reach a healthy weight. I am motivated by a desire to have a baby, the fact that fitness helps me to manage chronic pain (poorly diagnosed, have not ruled out fibromyalgia, PCOS, etc.), and feeling ashamed of my body. I'd like to heal myself both physically and mentally - I don't want to become skinny so much as strong, pain free and confident. I have been a junk food vegetarian for the last many years by accident, so I want to clean up my diet and eat more healthfully too. But I am just not willing to starve myself for this, and I think that would be unhealthy for my metabolism anyway. I am working with a personal trainer twice a week for strength training and going to yoga twice a week (since Dec 15). My goal is to increase yoga to three times a week and add lap swimming twice a week, plus some form of exercise on the weekend (more of the same, or hiking). For diet, I am aiming for 1350 calories a day, eliminating junk food, reserving sweets and alcohol for treats only, and increasing both protein and fiber (I do eat fish). I have found weight loss most sustainable in the past when I aim for one pound a week. I hope to make some female friends who can understand and share the challenges related to weight loss when managing hormonal issues at the same time.

Replies

• thkgldgal
    thkgldgal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can help motivate you, I am also trying to lose weight, I have chronic pain in my legs feet and back....but I am still motivated to keep going, I am Barbara "Daaahling " age 56.....
  • kteej
    kteej Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Fascia Blasting - I started for the cellulite - realized it helps with my back & hip pain
  • cbillings78
    cbillings78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I haven't used the proper tool yet but have tried to do it with something similar as I figured at worse it would increase circulation.Am a bit obsessed with the fb page