Supplements?

Options
What supplements and vitamins do you guys take? Men and women. What have you tried? What has and hasn't helped you?

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    2g vitamin C (yeah, shut up, most mammals smaller than us that manufacture their own produce over 10g/day)
    Vitamin Code Multi
    3000 iu Vitamin D3 (my pasty *kitten* rarely sees enough sun)
    50mg zinc
    400mg Mag
    4.2g EFAs
    Arimistane to keep carb bloat down

When cutting I add in 25mg Ephedrine and 200mg caffeine 4x/day.
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Caffeine
    Creatine
    Ephedrine
    Multivitamin
    Omega 3 fish oil
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    10,000IU Vitamin D
    5,000mcg B12
    Iron
    Calcium
    Protein Powder
  • SR1986
    SR1986 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tired chromium, L-glutamine, DHEA or liquid iodine? What about Forskolin with L-Carnitine? What about this armistane can I get it at my local vitamin store? I get bad carb bloat. Unfortunate, since carb loading is essential sometimes. How about Gamma linolenic acid? I've recently been doing a lot of research and am looking to find a combination that supports fat, loss, healthy muscle mass without the side effects of creatine. I am also trying cayenne pepper capsules to replace some of the caffeine I was taking. It makes me too jittery and anxious. I take b complex everyday along with a prenatal vitamin (not pregnant, just don't eat red meat so I need the extra iron and folic acid). I just got back into the swing of things so I haven't noticed any changes as of yet, but want to be sure I'm on the right track.
  • SR1986
    Options
    Armistane blocks estrogen. Or prevents it in a way. Probably not best for a female with known hormonal imbalance to take. Lol.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    SR1986 wrote: »
    Armistane blocks estrogen. Or prevents it in a way. Probably not best for a female with known hormonal imbalance to take. Lol.

I'm not convinced of that. The evidence is shaky at best. I just take it as a potent diuretic. It wasn't even banned by WADA until last month, so you can be pretty sure that it does *kitten*-all to hormones. Those *kitten* disqualify people over blood transfusions.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tired chromium, L-glutamine, DHEA or liquid iodine? What about Forskolin with L-Carnitine? What about this armistane can I get it at my local vitamin store? I get bad carb bloat. Unfortunate, since carb loading is essential sometimes. How about Gamma linolenic acid? I've recently been doing a lot of research and am looking to find a combination that supports fat, loss, healthy muscle mass without the side effects of creatine. I am also trying cayenne pepper capsules to replace some of the caffeine I was taking. It makes me too jittery and anxious. I take b complex everyday along with a prenatal vitamin (not pregnant, just don't eat red meat so I need the extra iron and folic acid). I just got back into the swing of things so I haven't noticed any changes as of yet, but want to be sure I'm on the right track.

for fat loss a caloric deficit,to help with muscle(to retain it)protein and lifting heavy. if you think any of these things are for weight loss they arent even though they may make false claims saying they do. you dont need any of the above supplements as most of them have been proven not to work.now the b complex and the vitamin is fine if you dont get enough of those vitamins or are deficient. L carnitine I dont know much about but I know your body makes DHEA. to gain muscle mass you need to either do a bulk(eating in surplus),or a recomp which takes awhile. weight/fat loss -eat in a deficit.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    edited February 2017
    Options
    just to say what I take
    B complex
    vitamin D3(Im deficient)
    coq10(statins rob my body of this so I need to supplement)
    C
    fish oil
    zinc
    magnesium(for RLS)
    a multivitamin
    digestive enzymes(due to a health issue)
    an occasional probiotic and right now l lysine( for a short time)
    protein powder

but none of them are used for weight loss. I use them because Im deficient in some of these and the others are because meds I have to take rob my body of those things. so I have to supplement
  • SR1986
    Options
    just to say what I take
    B complex
    vitamin D3(Im deficient)
    C
    fish oil
    zinc
    magnesium(for RLS)
    a multivitamin
    protein powder
    but none of them are used for weight loss. I use them because Im deficient in some of these and the others are because meds I have to take rob my body of those things. so I have to supplement

HI, I take L-lysine too. And the digestive enzymes, as well as magnesium and Hyland's homeopathic for restless legs. Ever since I had my daughter I've had it awful.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    just to say what I take
    B complex
    vitamin D3(Im deficient)
    C
    fish oil
    zinc
    magnesium(for RLS)
    a multivitamin
    protein powder

HI, I take L-lysine too. And the digestive enzymes, as well as magnesium and Hyland's homeopathic for restless legs. Ever since I had my daughter I've had it awful.

yeah I take it and it helps(the magnesium) otherwise I know it lol and the digestive enzymes are because it helps me with my FH(familial hypercholesterolemia). The L lysine I take during the winter because I sad to admit get cold sores and I also have epstein barr so it helps with inflammation
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I take whey protein most days, a prenatal, vit D and DHA daily. If you count caffeine, I drink coffee because I don't sleep well at night (kids). However, none of that has really helped me with getting lean or building muscle (aside from the whey helping me hit my protein macros). My success was all thanks to caloric intake and heavy lifting.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I take zinc, manganese, p5p(active b6), magnesium, vitamin d3, vitamin c, vitamin e, pantothenic acid, niacin, garlic, ginger, and I sometimes take a multi.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    B12, DHA+EPA, Vit D3.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Vit D
    a prenatal, mostly for the iron.

That's it.