Weight loss, muscle, cellulite HELP!!!!...

Options
Hey everyone! I am just curious to see how many of you have lost weight and how long it took? How long did it take you to actually see results? Any tips between exercises and/or food would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to lose fat (stomach, bat wings lol, and inner thigh), but also trying to gain some muscle as well. I also need to get my butt back to being big, round and bubbly lol.

I also have cellulite

Replies

• kayleighmarie1988
    Options
    My post ran short. Anyways, I have cellulite as well. Its not to to bad on the back of my thighs, but on the side is bad! Like where the side of my butt is... HELP
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    You can't spot-reduce fat. The only way to lose any fat anywhere on your body is to lose fat generally. Your genes direct how and where your body starts burning it off first. There are no best foods for weight loss except to the extent that some foods will make you feel more full for longer, making it easier to eat less. Calories in < calories out is what does it.

Cellulite may or may not be fixable this way. It comes from fat squeezing through a layer of connective tissue under the skin. For some people it goes away when the fat does; for others it doesn't. It often has more to do with loosening connective tissue than the fat.

Picking up heavy things over and over again is the best way to keep muscle while you're reducing, and to build muscle up. If you want to do nice things for your butt, do squats.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am just curious to see how many of you have lost weight and how long it took? How long did it take you to actually see results? Any tips between exercises and/or food would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to lose fat (stomach, bat wings lol, and inner thigh), but also trying to gain some muscle as well. I also need to get my butt back to being big, round and bubbly lol.

I also have cellulite

its hard to build muscle and lose fat at the same time. muscle is usually built in a surplus of calories and fat is lost in a deficit of calories. you can do whats called a recomp(eat at maintenance and build some muscle and lose fat but its very very slow).. if you want to build your butt you need to lift heavy and either bulk or recomp. you arent going to do much building it up eating in a deficit and lifting heavy.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It depends how much weight you have to lose. If you are close to goal, it will be slower. I lost about 2lbs per month since I didn't have very much to lose. For me, results were pretty apparent.. until I got really close to my goal weight. Taking measurements, progress photos etc helped during those times to really see the difference.

Most likely you will not gain too much muscle (booty) while at deficit, however, you can retain what you have (with strength training and adequate protein, 0.8-1g per lean body mass) and then once you move to maintenance you can work on building it up with recomposition. Or you can bulk. Either way.. definitely look into a progressive lifting program like Strong Curves, Strong Lifts, Thinner Leaner Stronger, etc.

In regards to cellulite.. ack.. well that is tricky. Genetics plays a huge part in that. Lifting has helped mine but it is still not gone. Also building muscle by bulking then cutting has also made it less noticeable.

Keep in mind all of this is not a quick process.. so patience is key.