How many calories do you eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• beatllove
    beatllove Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have my calories set at 1200. I lost 14 lbs.in the first month then I came to a complete stop and haven't lost any more in almost a month! I know before I had to be on around 800 to lose. Should I lower my calorie goal? I do t know how to lower it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Nobody else's numbers are going to be particularly relevant...I maintain on about 2,800 - 3,000...lose about 1 Lb per week @ around 2,300 - 2,500.
  • ItsAllMental819
    ItsAllMental819 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Watch how many carbs you eat. Try to eat more protein than carbs. Eat lots of veggies, and very little processed foods. Hope this helps.

Why?

Weight loss is calories in vs. calories out. Vegetarians generally eat lots of carbs. It's only about carbs when you have medical issues.

Its because protein is the raw material your body uses to make and maintain healthy muscles, bones, skin and hair. Without an ongoing supply you would gradually lose muscle mass, become weak and your ability to fight disease and infection will become harder. Imo vegetarians aren't very healthy. Carbs aren't bad and get a bad rap because of simple sugars and most processed foods are all carbohydrates. Its these carbs that cause weight gain & type 2 diabetes in large quantities. If you cut these & stick to complex carbs 40 - 50% of your calories can come from them. I keep mine at 35% or less.