Heart palpitations

Options
2»

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    For me, anxiety can bring them on or they can come out of the blue and then that causes anxiety. It's usually those funky, little annoying fluttering ones. I seem to get them more frequently in the days leading up to that time of the month. Hormones I guess... But I can get them at any time. Occasionally, I have the kind of extended flip-flopping action that actually takes my breath away and scares the crap out of me. Seems like the rhythm will never correct itself. I hate those! I always think: is this time the end? My mom says both my grandpa and great-grandpa used to talk about how unnerving they felt. Both of them lived into their late 90's, so I guess it wasn't a fatal defect... Just really scary and uncomfortable when it happens. I have mentioned it to doctors, but they've never heard anything unusual when they listen and have never ordered any extended monitoring, so who knows. I guess I'll live.

But OP, do get checked out by a doctor to make sure it's not something more serious. <3
  • kassierodriguez1
    kassierodriguez1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    For me, anxiety can bring them on or they can come out of the blue and then that causes anxiety. It's usually those funky, little annoying fluttering ones. I seem to get them more frequently in the days leading up to that time of the month. Hormones I guess... But I can get them at any time. Occasionally, I have the kind of extended flip-flopping action that actually takes my breath away and scares the crap out of me. Seems like the rhythm will never correct itself. I hate those! I always think: is this time the end? My mom says both my grandpa and great-grandpa used to talk about how unnerving they felt. Both of them lived into their late 90's, so I guess it wasn't a fatal defect... Just really scary and uncomfortable when it happens. I have mentioned it to doctors, but they've never heard anything unusual when they listen and have never ordered any extended monitoring, so who knows. I guess I'll live.

But OP, do get checked out by a doctor to make sure it's not something more serious. <3
    I know what you mean. Doctors said the same to me. But I didn't believe them so I made myself an appointment with a cardiologist. And researched to make sure it was a reputable one. They were positive it was anxiety. And I asked them for a stress test too. And I did great on that as well. So it's probably anxiety and/or a deficiency. I think maybe a deficiency because it seems to happen when I'm dieting.