Yogurt brands that don't have fruit bits?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
Asking for my picky kids. They like flavored yogurt (except vanilla. Of course) but only the kind that doesn't have little fruit bits in them. Any recommendation? I got some Activia last time and they wouldn't touch them.

They don't really like Greek yogurt either.

Replies

• Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one with fussy children :)

Fromage frais (any brand) rarely has bits in it. My children will eat the "greek style" stuff as it's just slightly thicker than normal yoghurt.
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    There are some Activia that don't have bits. The Vanilla is lovely and completely smoother.

Weight watchers also do a twin pack of 2 x Toffee and 2 x Vanilla which again are completely smoother.

Ski have a 'Smooth' range and they are ideal as really fruity but completely smooth. They do these in Strawberry, Raspberry, Cherry and I think Blackcurrent :-D

Good Luck :-D
  • Francl27
    Options
    You're not the only one with fussy children :)

Fromage frais (any brand) rarely has bits in it. My children will eat the "greek style" stuff as it's just slightly thicker than normal yoghurt.

We don't find fromage frais/fromage blanc here, sadly.

Skipper111 wrote: »
    There are some Activia that don't have bits. The Vanilla is lovely and completely smoother.

Weight watchers also do a twin pack of 2 x Toffee and 2 x Vanilla which again are completely smoother.

Ski have a 'Smooth' range and they are ideal as really fruity but completely smooth. They do these in Strawberry, Raspberry, Cherry and I think Blackcurrent :-D

Good Luck :-D

They don't like vanilla and I really don't want to give them artificial sweeteners if I can avoid it. I don't know the Ski brand :(
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I know you said that they don't like greek yogurt, but I buy Fage plain, in the bigger tubs, and then add jelly until it tastes right. My kids wouldn't eat yogurt with fruit pieces either, now they're young men and add nuts and oatmeal, seeds--everything to it. Yours will grow up one day (but then there are other problems).
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    I add "drinking chocolate" to my vanilla yogurt ... or maple syrup ... or, and this one is a recent discovery, chai vanilla instant powder mix! :)

Sometimes I also add fruit puree to my vanilla yogurt.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Avoid most, fruit flavors; except lemon & lime! Purchase dessert flavors, such as: key lime pie, lemon meringue pie, Boston Cream Pie, cotton candy, etc. or Danimals yogurt drinks, I've had the raspberry with; no fruit bits & they've watermelon! Don't buy any Damimals that, seem close to; vanilla like: marshmallow because there's no, significant difference!
  • Francl27
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Avoid most, fruit flavors; except lemon & lime! Purchase dessert flavors, such as: key lime pie, lemon meringue pie, Boston Cream Pie, cotton candy, etc. or Danimals yogurt drinks, I've had the raspberry with; no fruit bits & they've watermelon! Don't buy any Damimals that, seem close to; vanilla like: marshmallow because there's no, significant difference!

Yeah they like danimals but they chug them down in 2 seconds so it's just not really worth the cost (I actually bought another type of smoothies because it was on sale last time and they destroyed two packages in one day). Kids. Ugh.

I suppose I could go for the overpriced kids yogurts again (the stuff with characters). They still eat go-gurts occasionally but they're almost 9 so I'm trying to buy less 'babyish' stuff lol. They don't like most of the fancy flavors unfortunately... peach, strawberry, raspberry, that's pretty much it.
    I know you said that they don't like greek yogurt, but I buy Fage plain, in the bigger tubs, and then add jelly until it tastes right. My kids wouldn't eat yogurt with fruit pieces either, now they're young men and add nuts and oatmeal, seeds--everything to it. Yours will grow up one day (but then there are other problems).

They won't touch the stuff. Plus frankly I don't want to have to prepare it for them, the point is for them to have something healthy-ish that they can pick themselves.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I make my own. Using baobab powder to sweeten.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Dannon Oikos made with whole milk. I know the strawberry flavor is blended. Texture is nice, not tart, kids and I both love it!

Edited to say oops just noticed you said they don't like Greek yogurt. Might still give it a try. It's very pudding like to me, not overly tangy at all if that's why they object to Greek.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I've found the only non-vanilla flavored yogurt that doesn't have fruit bits is yogurt with honey. Chocolate syrup to Greek yogurt is good.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My dd likes key lime pie flavored yogurt. Store brand or Yoplait I guess. We don't get it often since she likes other things like cottage cheese better than yogurt.
  • jewels03
    jewels03 Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Stonyfield Strawberry in the 32 oz container. My kids like that.

ETA: Their website will tell you what stores sell the flavor you're looking for.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    My mom made yogurt and we mixed jelly in. I still make yogurt, but I sometimes mix in peanut butter, Nutella or fresh fruit. You could buy plain yogurt and purée fruit if you have a good blender too.

The Dannon custard style tends to be smooth. I used to babysit a boy who would only eat that kind. (It is packaged differently now, 20+ years later, but still the same stuff.)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

This^

Lemon or lime rarely has anything in it (one exception) Chobani has lemon peel....but that's Greek yogurt anyway.

Yoplait Boston Creme pie and Creamsicle yogurts are yummy. The Yoplait Whips I've tried don't have bits....coconut creme.....yum.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    my daughter prefers the yoplait whips. she has informed me that she doesn't like "clunks" in her yogurt either:)
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I don't think Yoplait has fruit in it, from what I recall
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

Some flavors do.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Strawberry and blueberry definitely have fruit bits. But there are several varieties (Yoplait) that don't.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    I don't like fruit chunks either. I like Siggi's vanilla skyr, but I think their other flavors are good too and as far as I recall don't have chunks. It's very thick and I like the texture better than runny yogurt.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    My kids like Noosa (who doesn't!) and Dannon Greek Key Lime Pie, Lemon Meringue, and Orange Creamsicle. I don't think those taste "greek" ish like my normal Chobani so if you've not tried those flavors, maybe give those a go.