Lose weight quick

Options
Hey all I just booked my beach vacation in March. I already lost 10lbs in a month but I need to lose 10lbs more in 3weeks. Any suggestions on how to quickly lose weight? What has worked for you

Replies

• kathykrupa297
    kathykrupa297 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm not obese 163lbs. But my normal before kids was 125lbs 5 yrs ago So it's a big deal for me. I know it's not healthy but I want to look good in my bathing suit.
  • lifesnotfare
    lifesnotfare Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Eat clean and work hard. I wouldn't recommend this goal. Most I would recommend you set a goal at is 6 pounds. Thats a pound/week for diet and 1 /wk for exercise. I wouldn't get too hung up on poundage though. I assume you're more interested in losing the fat. Lifting weights is what worked for me. You don't have to lift to get jacked, you can lift hi reps low weight to tone your body. But lifting will boost your metabolism for a few days while your body repairs itself. That versus cardio, which really only gives you a boost through the day. But if you work out and eat clean, you'll definitely see progress. During the height of my weight loss, I lifted 7 days a week with minimal rest so that my heart rate stayed in the cardio range while working out. My diet consisted of a couple boiled eggs and some oatmeal in the morning, with grilled chicken breast and raw veggies for lunch and dinner, with a post workout protein shake. I was also taking a thermogenic. I lost about 50 pounds in 6 months.
  • lifesnotfare
    Options
    Oh and I only drank water. I was trying to cut out the sugars, so I didn't really eat fruits either
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    The previous two said it. There's no healthy quick fix. Go enjoy your vacation.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Eat clean and work hard. I wouldn't recommend this goal. Most I would recommend you set a goal at is 6 pounds. Thats a pound/week for diet and 1 /wk for exercise. I wouldn't get too hung up on poundage though. I assume you're more interested in losing the fat. Lifting weights is what worked for me. You don't have to lift to get jacked, you can lift hi reps low weight to tone your body. But lifting will boost your metabolism for a few days while your body repairs itself. That versus cardio, which really only gives you a boost through the day. But if you work out and eat clean, you'll definitely see progress. During the height of my weight loss, I lifted 7 days a week with minimal rest so that my heart rate stayed in the cardio range while working out. My diet consisted of a couple boiled eggs and some oatmeal in the morning, with grilled chicken breast and raw veggies for lunch and dinner, with a post workout protein shake. I was also taking a thermogenic. I lost about 50 pounds in 6 months.

A protein shake is eating clean now? That is about as processed as it comes.

You're complicating things. the OP doesn't need to eat clean what ever that is, or take thermogenics.

She just needs to eat at a reasonable deficit, not stress out and enjoy her holiday.
  • foodielifter
    foodielifter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That may be difficult but its not a death sentence, like others are making it out to be. Just be smart and get nutrients. I'd advise calculating your TDEE and reducing your calories by 20%, exercising and keeping carbs relatively low. Maybe you lose 5 or 7 instead of 10, just don't stress over it. That will be counter productive.
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I think if you've already lost the first 10 pounds, you've gotten rid of the "water" weight -- so each pound from now on really does count! I've lost over 25 pounds at the "snail" pace of approximately 1 lb. /week, and I'm always amazed at the difference -- REAL difference-- even 1 or 2 lbs. can make. I teach in the mornings, so I skip breakfast (coffee only) because I really do need an "empty stomach" to teach -- if I need something, I'll grab a cheese stick as a snack -- but then I have protein (egg salad -- no oil, I chop up egg with pepperoni) in a low-carb wrap and a protein bar and I have fruit -- right now it's a couple of clementines -- and I drink herbal tea and sparkling water. I try to have an "activity hour" after work (walk/jog the dog and every other day I go to a studio and do power yoga -- it's intense, but I've got core muscles now and I can do push ups -- real pushups!) then my husband and I (we eat late -- usually 7 or even 8 p.m.) have HUGE salads -- lots of greens -- chicken or fish -- and veggies (right now it's zucchini and/or mushrooms we saute -- no oil! Just non-stick --the mushrooms have so much water, you don't need oil) and we put in guacamole (a kind made with greek yogurt -- we get it from Trader Joe's) instead of salad dressing. I use lots of spices -- lemon pepper, turmeric, hot pepper, paprika -- whatever I feel like. I have a glass of red wine every night - because I deserve it! -- and most nights I have a frozen yogurt bar (the Yasso mint chocolate chip!) and seriously -- try this for a few days (do it for five days -- you can stick to it for five days! -- and see what happens! You will FEEL great -- and you will lose the stomach -- like others have said -- don't worry about the pounds -- look for the feeling! Also -- on the weekends, when I don't need an empty stomach in the morning -- I make a smoothie -- frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, a banana, and sparkling water (doesn't need much) -- try it -- it's a great way to start the morning! BTW -- if you do this, the calories come in around 1200 -- my daily allotment from MFP -- and a "safe" level to stick with. Greens, protein, veggies, and fruit.
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Oh -- and good luck and have a great vacation! We're going way in three weeks too! Need the sun!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Liposuction. I'm not being snarky, it really is the safest way to do it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Liposuction. I'm not being snarky, it really is the safest way to do it.

A fake tan would do wonders. And/or a kaftan.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    No.

Anything you do to lose 10 lbs in the next 3 weeks is going to invite water weight/bloating gains once you start your vacation and let up on your food/drink restrictions.
  • kathykrupa297
    kathykrupa297 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It's not really about the actual 10lbs it's more about feeling good in a bikini. So far I've done it through healthy eating and working out and I look better already. I hope 10lbs is not just water! That took m over a month of hard work. I really need to get up early and work out in the morning but I love my sleep lol.
  • lifesnotfare
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It's not really about the actual 10lbs it's more about feeling good in a bikini. So far I've done it through healthy eating and working out and I look better already. I hope 10lbs is not just water! That took m over a month of hard work. I really need to get up early and work out in the morning but I love my sleep lol.

Good job, just keep going and find your balance. As long as you fell comfortable, screw everyone else.
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Five or six pounds sounds more reasonable (if on the upper end of what's possible and healthy at the same time), since it is not recommended for most people to lose more than two pounds a week. From the NIH website: "Weight loss should be about 1 to 2 pounds per week for a period of 6 months, with the subsequent strategy based on the amount of weight lost."

That said, you don't have to lose ALL those pounds to look better in the meantime. I agree with the folks who suggested strength training and fake tan, haha. Oh, and cut way back on your sodium intake!

By the way, I've added an upright abdominal workout to my routine lately (leg lifts and side kicks and other things like that while standing) and have noticed a huge improvement. My measurements for my mid-section at my current weight are actually a few inches less than they were when I weighed the same amount last year.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm not obese 163lbs. But my normal before kids was 125lbs 5 yrs ago So it's a big deal for me. I know it's not healthy but I want to look good in my bathing suit.

Pick something flattering....maybe a tummy control panel.

But yeah, 10 pounds won't happen. Just do the best you can.
  • JADE5924
    JADE5924 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would cut calories to 1100-1200 ( I would not go lower then that) Drink nothing but water (coffee if it's black is ok too) I know on this site it gives you extra calorie intake if you exercise but be careful with those there not very accurate. Good luck. Also even though your on vacation keep an eye on your calories even though it's a pain. Most people gain an average of 5-7 lbs while on vacation, and then all your hard work goes down the drain and you have to start again
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options

Don't prioritize vanity over your health. Stick to a reasonable, sustainable, and healthy weight loss plan and buy a flattering bathing suit for your current size and shape.