bethss_ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    this is the best thread ever :D
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Who knows how to make a gif? I want to make a gif of my puppers playing.

This is how I make mine. I go like I'm sending my hubs a txt. So, I then hit the plus symbol to attach something to the txt. Then, I hit the camera symbol, when it gives options of what to attach. Then, my camera gives the option of create a instant gif, or take a instant picture to attach. I select gif, and take a gif of my dog. After its sent to my hubs, I save it to my gallery. I sign onto mfp in my browser, go to community chit chat puppers thread... Attach it to my post, share it with you guys. I have a Samsung Android ph I do this with. If you have another type of ph, maybe theres a app you can download to your phone. Create one in that app, and save it in your ph picture gallery.... come back here, and share. I hope this helps.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    c8tzzer8bxgk.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    HyeKarma wrote: »
    Who knows how to make a gif? I want to make a gif of my puppers playing.

This is how I make mine. I go like I'm sending my hubs a txt. So, I then hit the plus symbol to attach something to the txt. Then, I hit the camera symbol, when it gives options of what to attach. Then, my camera gives the option of create a instant gif, or take a instant picture to attach. I select gif, and take a gif of my dog. After its sent to my hubs, I save it to my gallery. I sign onto mfp in my browser, go to community chit chat puppers thread... Attach it to my post, share it with you guys. I have a Samsung Android ph I do this with. If you have another type of ph, maybe theres a app you can download to your phone. Create one in that app, and save it in your ph..... come back here, and share. I hope this helps.

Thanks! I have an iPhone. I don't think it has that option in text mode. I'll have to look for an app.

How to make your own animated GIFs on your iPhone
    https://www.imore.com/how-create-and-share-animated-gifs-right-your-iphone

In order to make animated GIFs on your iPhone, you'll need to enlist the help of some third party apps.

For this example, author uses one called GIPHY CAM. It's free and ad-supported and is good for getting creative with your GIF making! Plus it's run by the same people who made GIPHY, so they know a thing or two about GIFs.

GIPHY CAM - Free
    • Launch GIPHY CAM on your iPhone.
    • Upload a video from your Camera roll by tapping the Camera roll icon to the left of the red recording button. You can also capture a video and turn it into a GIF in any given moment.
    • Once you captured or uploaded your perfect video, tap the white arrow icon.

3p8wq28ztrwu.jpg
    • Add and edit in any filters or effects you would like to see.
    • Tap Next in the big blue bubble when you're happy with your GIF.
    • Tap Save GIF if you're happy with how your GIF looks.

fibjtahgk74c.jpg

You can choose to loop, reverse, edit, and do whatever you want with your funky new GIF

That's it! Your animated GIF is automatically sent how you've chosen. Obviously there are also other GIF creator apps available for iPhone.

If you don't like GIPHY CAM, here are some more suggestions:

GifMill - Free
    GifBoom - Free

@Vikka_V
    @jtegirl1
  • LittleLionHeart1
    Options
    Yeah. Thank you @cee134
    I'm hoping to see more gifs of peoples pooches. :)
    @Vikka_V
    @jtegirl1
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    @HyeKarma wrote: »
    Yeah. Thank you cee134
    Vikka_V
    jtegirl1

I actually don't have a dog! Maybe I'll make one of friends dogs!
  • LittleLionHeart1
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    @HyeKarma wrote: »
    Yeah. Thank you cee134
    Vikka_V
    jtegirl1

I actually don't have a dog! Maybe I'll make one of friends dogs!

Ok. :D;)
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    @cee134
    I'm using gif studio on my phone and I don't love it, I will try these, thanks for the recommendation! I've been to lazy to try another!
    I use Photoshop at home but it is rotating them sometimes! I need to teach myself more!
    @HyeKarma
    I have to look at my text options now, great feature on you phone

• LittleLionHeart1
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @cee134
    I'm using gif studio on my phone and I don't love it, I will try these, thanks for the recommendation! I've been to lazy to try another!
    I use Photoshop at home but it is rotating them sometimes! I need to teach myself more!
    @HyeKarma

I just checked, and when I go and save the gif, it saves in a folder named VZmedia. So I don't know the name of the app, or if it's a feature of Verizon Wireless on my Samsung android. My issues are that I worked in audio for over 10 years, and I still can't post my voice recording on timshels thread. It's probably better that way, because I have the voice of a 6 year old, and I'm really 52. :#
  • cee134
    Options
    HyeKarma wrote: »
    @cee134
    @HyeKarma

I just checked, and when I go and save the gif, it saves in a folder named VZmedia. So I don't know the name of the app, or if it's a feature of Verizon Wireless on my Samsung android. My issues are that I worked in audio for over 10 years, and I still can't post my voice recording on timshels thread. It's probably better that way, because I have the voice of a 6 year old, and I'm really 52. :#

I had the same problem. I too have audio experience. I think it depends on what recorder you use, I downloaded one and was able to upload my audio file from that. I, of course, can't remember how I did it now.

Another option is to record it in Audacity and upload it to that website as a mp3. I know I did that at least once.