fasted vs. fed cardio

Options
2»

Replies

• breannemarie1993
    breannemarie1993 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Fasted if I'm up early for my workout, if its after work then no because I've eaten throughout the day. I prefer fasted though!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    LoeyJones wrote: »
    Which do you prefer and why? Lately I've been doing morning runs as fasted cardio because if I try to run after eating I get sick. I'm just worried that I need some kind of nutrition to fuel my body for my run schedule. Some days I'm running 4-7 miles before breakfast.

For short runs I'm comfortable fasted, but for more than 10 miles I'll fuel in advance.
  • slowbubblecar
    slowbubblecar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I prefer fasted. I usually wait a bit after to eat as well.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i run first thing in the morning after i walk the dog, so i don't eat before i run. If i'm going for a long run (more than 10k), i have a small piece of candy before i leave the house.
  • robinmarkz
    robinmarkz Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Water and plain yogurt (with fresh fruit in the yogurt). The fruit are complex carbs, yogurt is protein, and you must be hydrated before any sweaty activity.

I have that no matter what I have to do before breakfast. That's my pre-airport nutrition, for instance. And believe me, that's a workout! Cardio and strength, both!

All the best,
    Robin