Anyone try Hip Hop Abs?? Results??

Options
Hey guys! I just ordered hip hop abs because it looks like a lot of fun. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried it, what they thought of the program, and if they got good results?

Thanks!
Kim

Replies

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    My fifteen year old thinks it's a BLAST and i have to say, it's fun watching her. But I haven't personally tried it.
  • vickyjane1710
    vickyjane1710 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey i have it. Its more fun than challenging, i use it when im feeling lazy! Its good for a giggle. To put it in perspective for you, i did it for 70 mins earlier and my HRM said i burnt 371 calories. When i do aerobics, an hr burns over 600 calories. Its fun but i dont think its a hard workout :-)
  • Kimberrh6
    Kimberrh6 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the intensity depends on how in shape you are. I'm pretty much starting from scratch and beginning exercise again. So I'm hoping that it will be challenging for a while anyway :)
  • littlesprite11
    littlesprite11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Anything Shaun T does is great. I have not done Hip Hop Abs but I have done insanity and loved it! You can always add some Brazilian Butt Lift to it. Another great program!
  • rotasha1
    rotasha1 Posts: 1
    Options
    yes its a lot of fun and a good workout for beginners
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I think it's fun. When I was getting burned out on Insanity, I would mix it in (and also Rockin' Body). I like dance, so it was fun to me!
  • jsmax
    jsmax Posts: 2
    Options
    i just started this week :) i have herniated discs in my neck so floor abs put a strain on my neck. i like it so far! i mix it in with my turbo fire (LOVE!) and running :)
  • Kimberrh6
    Options
    I just completed the first video (Cardio Burn) and it was a lot of fun. And It was a really good workout for me!! I'm still sweating, love it!
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of the seventh week of HHA Deluxe. I have noticed significant tightening of butt, and great increase in conditioning in general, but especially in my legs. The basic program is not too hard, and it's excellent when you have been out of shape for a while. However, despite the relatively simple (for me) DVD, I still noticed quite a bit of change. Level 2 kicks it up quite a bit, with lots of plyo and high intensity sets. It's a pretty weak program for upper body, so once a week I have been doing heavy lifting for chest/back/shoulders/arms. I lost about 4 lbs so far, mainly off butt and thighs in my case. I have added extra cardio some days, plus I am eating clean.

The thing about it, is that this is fun. When a workout is fun, you are more likely to see results. Also, I am very dance impaired, and yet I still could follow all his moves. If I can do it, anyone can!
  • smetka01
    smetka01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am on a week 3 of HHA Deluxe, I can definitely see results. Not so much on a scale as on my body. Cellulite was everywhere on my body, now it is going away. And I really started to love my belly. Every day more :)
    Take a look to my pictures to see changes. I didn't add photo from week 3 yet - I will add it and week 4 photo on Monday when I will finish week 4.
    I started HHA because it looks like fun and it is. I love Shaun T. Next is Rockin' Body.
  • Kimberrh6
    Options
    Wow you have gotten awesome results! Today, I did day 2 of HHA and it kicked my butt but I enjoyed it!
  • smetka01
    smetka01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wait till Total Body Burn. One of my favourite but tough, very tough. Whole body burns, literally. But it gets easier every time :wink:
    Don't forget to take measurements and pictures. This is what keeps me going. And too small clothes :tongue:
  • angiebmore
    angiebmore Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the second week of hip hop abs.... I definitely feel it in my abs area! It lots of fun! I'm doing 60 days then going to rocking body and then back to insanity..... I started it last year but hurt myself and didn't finish.
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    3 more workouts to go in the Deluxe program. Total about 5 lbs lost, with some solid muscle gain. My abs have popped out again, butt is much tighter, my legs are strong. I went from ~140 to 135, eating clean at ~1600 cal/d.

The first month is pretty easy, but the second month is no joke. I highly recommend it as a program for beginner to intermediate, or to recondition someone like me who was in shape but let it go (don't ask).

If I had any idea how to use a digital camera, I'd have posted before and afters; the difference is significant.
  • Kimberrh6
    Options
    Awesome! I don't think I have HHA Deluxe. My set comes with a one month calendar.
    I've complete the first week and lost 3.4 lb, and 2 inches off my chest and waist. It's awesome!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the second week of hip hop abs.... I definitely feel it in my abs area! It lots of fun! I'm doing 60 days then going to rocking body and then back to insanity..... I started it last year but hurt myself and didn't finish.

I have lost almost 30 inches and am 1/2 lb away from losing 50 lbs! Heck yeah I love this program!!!! I haven't followed any set pattern, I alternate between dvds but workout at least 6 days a week, that is the key. Best investment of $20 I have made.