Smaller Lunches

Options
2»

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Fruit and nuts wouldn't satisfy me or keep me feeling full for very long at all.

If you don't have access to a microwave and need something cold, I'd go for dips with vegies, hb eggs, chicken breast strips/drumsticks or some sort of meatballs, crackers, perhaps a few nuts and a piece of fruit. Or a huge salad with protein/fat.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    FYI-my diary is open.
    Today's lunch:
    77t3sddb2t1p.jpg
    pdu4c31wpq4m.jpg
    p89z5ckvevy4.jpg
    zob0m8z49c7b.jpg

I usually have 1 of the following more often than not (asterisked items generally get combined with another asterisked item - calorie total too low otherwise):
    - stir fried rice/beans/veggies/meat (meat=chorizo &/or chicken &/or polish sausage most times)
    - rotisserie chicken/veggies/some side starch
    -* cottage cheese, jam, crackers
    -* hard-boiled egg w/ mustard on crackers
    -* greek yogurt w/ jam/fruit & 1/3 of clif bar
    - 1/2 clif bar + 1/2 peanut butter single
    -* egg/tuna/chicken/tilapia salad + crackers
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I like soups, stews, chilis, curries, stir fries, etc. Anything I can cook, portion and freeze. I stay around 250 calories and I use a lot of vegetables so I can get a larger meal.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Berries may be "high" in sugar but they are high in fiber too. I love large salads for lunch, even topping it with a serving of tuna or salmon for some protein. I like to add (unsalted, roasted, de-shelled) sunflower seeds and frozen blueberries. Using an oversized container and shaking your salad can help spread the dressing so you don't have to use as much to get the same flavor. Combining a lot of different flavors (and micronutrients) can help a salad feel like a whole meal.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I've done wrap sandwiches with 6" tortillas, greens, and deli meat.
    I bring split pea soup or some other hearty soup in a mason jar (not a BIG mason jar - a jam jar).
    Beef jerky, crackers, pita, hummus.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I have a multi-compartment lunch box. On a good day, I mostly fill it with vegetables (usually totals just over 100 cals) and supplement with a turkey sandwich (~300 cals). Might add an ounce of cheese or a piece of fruit for another 100ish cals. The volume from the veggies is what fills me up. If I get lazy and don't prep the veggies, I wind up eating less food for more cals.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I don't eat "small" lunches. I eat HUGE lunches with low calories. Tons of vegetables, 300g of lettuce, 125g tomato, 200g of cucumber or a whole one, peppers, and a protein. Hot sauce to season.